function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Anjaneya BobbalaAnjaneya Bobbala 

Please reference ID: XFUOQKJL. Error: Faraday::ConnectionFailed. Message: getaddrinfo: Name or service not known

Best Answer chosen by Anjaneya Bobbala
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Anil,

May I request you please elaborate the question in detail so that we can understand better of the requirement which helps in easy troubleshooting of the issue.

If this error is thrown while you are attempting a trailhead challenge then can you please confirm that you're using a fresh new Developer Edition Org that does not have a namespace.

Thanks,
Nagendra

All Answers

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Anil,

May I request you please elaborate the question in detail so that we can understand better of the requirement which helps in easy troubleshooting of the issue.

If this error is thrown while you are attempting a trailhead challenge then can you please confirm that you're using a fresh new Developer Edition Org that does not have a namespace.

Thanks,
Nagendra
This was selected as the best answer
SomeDudeSomeDude
I have fresh new dev org created through trailhead. I have completed first challange and i have pressed on the Check Challange button. Afterwards, i did get this message:

There was an unhandled exception. Please reference ID: PITWKUTY. Error: Faraday::ConnectionFailed. Message: Failed to open TCP connection to brave-goat-252361-dev-ed.my.salesforce.com:443 (getaddrinfo: Name or service not known)

Please advise.
Marcin SzeptunMarcin Szeptun
Same problem here. Created domain name and now trailhead doesn't want to connect to it according to check challenge. 
SomeDudeSomeDude
Apparently SF after creating the org, still needs couple of minutes to propagate the newly created org across the system. So the fqdn of your new org will get recognised, and the org itself will "boot up". So its a temporary issue which takes place rarely, on new org creation.
Nothing to worry about, just wait couple of minutes and the issue will resolve itself..
Ben Ahmed TabtiBen Ahmed Tabti
Before you click the green button, make sure that your Einstein Analytics-enabled Developer Edition org is selected in the picklist next to the Launch button.
Mykola OliinykMykola Oliinyk

Hello!

The same issue:
can't finish the trailhead

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/content/learn/modules/identity_login/identity_login_my_domain

due to the next error:
There was an unhandled exception. Please reference ID: XNOIWBUC. Error: Faraday::ConnectionFailed. Message: Failed to open TCP connection to resourceful-panda-ujhuef-dev-ed.my.salesforce.com:443 (getaddrinfo: Name or service not known)

Moreover, can't check any other modul in this DE Playground:
oliinykmyk@resourceful-panda-ujhuef.com
:(

It happened after changing My Domain to the next:
consultkiev-dev-ed-dev-ed

I'd waited for 6 hour than checked again - the same error...

Have any idea on this issue? Or it's better to create new DE Playground (is yes - HOW?) and don't change My Domain?
Thanks in advance.

Amulya U 6Amulya U 6
Hello ,
Even I'm facing the same issue after i changed my domain name. Now Im not able check any challege . Im getting the below errors. Can someone help me here.
User-added imageUser-added image