function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tony GarandTony Garand 

Attaching a Contract to a custom object as well as being able to conver it into an account.

Hello Dev Community!

I would like to attach Contracts to a custom object that I have created in salesforce that tracks potential artist recruits for my company. Idealy I would like to be able to convert this information into an account / contact much like a lead. Is this possible? or should I create a new lead type?

Thank you for your time.

User-added image
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Hi Tony  ,

Here is my thought but still you can think other ways 

1 . If possible use standard lead with record type  ( Solve Lead Conversion )
2 . If not possible, Build a visual force page or build a custom javascript button to do the Convert of account and Contacts through code. 

Shruti SShruti S
You can do this with the help of Lead object itself. Just create a Record Type on the Lead to distinguish recruits. This way you can utilize the out of the box features such as Lead Conversion thus helping you to create Account and Contact.
Tony GarandTony Garand
Okay so it is looking like using the Leads, is there a way to create leads in a custom tab? I would like to keep leads for our sales department (we have over 100 leads at a time as potential clients)

User-added image
Shruti SShruti S
Unfortunately you cannot create a custom tab, but if you seperate the records with the help of Record Types, then you can create a List View which would distinguish the recruit records.

The below screenshot should make things clear for you -
User-added image