function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Emilien Guichard 40Emilien Guichard 40 

forceide2 error when creating new SFDX project

hello,

I have just installed the forceide2 and wehn I try to create a new SFDX project I get the following error :

User-added image

User-added image

Could you please help me figure this out ?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Best Answer chosen by Emilien Guichard 40
Alain CabonAlain Cabon
Hello,

I have started the same module trailhead (not completed yet) but are you using linux or macos ?

Force.com IDE 2 System Requirements
Before you install Force.com IDE 2, make sure that your system meets these requirements.
Supported Operating Systems
Windows
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit) or later
To use the embedded browser, Windows 10
macOS
macOS 10.11 or later
Linux
Ubuntu 14.0.4 or later

To use the embedded browser, major versions of Linux, such as Ubuntu 16.04 or Centos 7

Force.com IDE 2 Setup Prerequisites
Before you install Force.com IDE 2, make sure that you’ve installed the Salesforce CLI and the items on which the CLI and IDE depend.
Salesforce CLI
Each Force.com IDE 2 version depends on a matched version of the Salesforce CLI. Install the Salesforce CLI and its prerequisites before installing Force.com IDE 2.
For Salesforce CLI installation instructions, see “System Requirements” and “Install the Salesforce Command Line Interface (CLI)” in the Salesforce DX Setup Guide (Beta).
Java 8 Platform, Standard Edition Development Kit
Force.com IDE 2 is built on the Eclipse platform. Eclipse requires the Java 8 Platform, Standard Edition Development Kit (JDK).
If you don’t already have the JDK installed, install the latest version of the Java 8 JDK from Java SE Development Kit 8 Downloads.

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.sfdx_ide2.meta/sfdx_ide2/sfdx_ide2_get_started_prerequisites.htm

User-added image

For windows, there is no problem and I have installed the Salesforce CLI (+ java 8).

A+

All Answers

Alain CabonAlain Cabon
Hello,

I have started the same module trailhead (not completed yet) but are you using linux or macos ?

Force.com IDE 2 System Requirements
Before you install Force.com IDE 2, make sure that your system meets these requirements.
Supported Operating Systems
Windows
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit) or later
To use the embedded browser, Windows 10
macOS
macOS 10.11 or later
Linux
Ubuntu 14.0.4 or later

To use the embedded browser, major versions of Linux, such as Ubuntu 16.04 or Centos 7

Force.com IDE 2 Setup Prerequisites
Before you install Force.com IDE 2, make sure that you’ve installed the Salesforce CLI and the items on which the CLI and IDE depend.
Salesforce CLI
Each Force.com IDE 2 version depends on a matched version of the Salesforce CLI. Install the Salesforce CLI and its prerequisites before installing Force.com IDE 2.
For Salesforce CLI installation instructions, see “System Requirements” and “Install the Salesforce Command Line Interface (CLI)” in the Salesforce DX Setup Guide (Beta).
Java 8 Platform, Standard Edition Development Kit
Force.com IDE 2 is built on the Eclipse platform. Eclipse requires the Java 8 Platform, Standard Edition Development Kit (JDK).
If you don’t already have the JDK installed, install the latest version of the Java 8 JDK from Java SE Development Kit 8 Downloads.

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.sfdx_ide2.meta/sfdx_ide2/sfdx_ide2_get_started_prerequisites.htm

User-added image

For windows, there is no problem and I have installed the Salesforce CLI (+ java 8).

A+
This was selected as the best answer
Emilien Guichard 40Emilien Guichard 40
Thanks a lot Alain, it does work way better with the CLI installed !

Thanks for the reminder ;)