function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Juan Manuel Triguero PiñeroJuan Manuel Triguero Piñero 

Upload Unmanaged Package: Where is it stored?

In my org, I can create an Unmanaged Package, add components to it and upload it with the "Upload" button. Then I get a link to install it in any org.

But where is that package stored? Is it in my org or is it in Salesforce platform? So, if my org was deleted, would the package keep available through that link?

Thank you.
Best Answer chosen by Juan Manuel Triguero Piñero
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Juan,

Unmanaged packages are typically used to distribute open-source projects or application templates to provide developers with the basic building blocks for an application.

Once the components are installed from an unmanaged package, the components can be edited in the organization they are installed in. The developer who created and uploaded the unmanaged package has no control over the installed components, and can't change or upgrade them.

When ever you upload them into an org the package is stored within the org but not on the Salesforce platform.

But the link which you have received on your the email for unmanaged package installation will work for any other org if you want to install it in the future.

Hope this answers your question.

Please mark this as solved if it's resolved so that it gets removed from the unanswered queue which results in helping others who are encountering a similar issue.

Thanks,
Nagendra