function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Venkata KocharlakotaVenkata Kocharlakota 

Error:The 'Name' and 'Feedback' fields either do not appear on the new action page layout or they are not the only fields present.

Hi All,
I am working with the Create Object-Specific Quick Actions Challenge.

Challenge:
Your brokers want to capture the feedback of their potential buyers after they look at a property. Create a quick action on the event object so brokers can update an event with their notes immediately after a showing. Add the action to the publisher for the Showing layout.
Create a quick action for the event object
Action type: Update a Record
Label: Enter Feedback
Remove all the fields on the page layout except for Name
Put the Feedback field on the page layout
Add the Enter Feedback quick action to the publisher for the Showing Layout. You might have to override the predefined actions in the Salesforce1 section of the publisher.

Error:
Error:The 'Name' and 'Feedback' fields either do not appear on the new action page layout or they are not the only fields present.

I tried to put the Feedback field on the page layout but couldn't find it and couldn't create one. But I added the Enter Feedback quick action(with Name Field) to the publisher for the Showing Layout.

Can somebody help me complete the challenge?

Thanks,
Venkata
Best Answer chosen by Venkata Kocharlakota
Satish PrajapatSatish Prajapat
Hello Venkata,
Create feedback field in activity Object then the feedback field will appear in page layout.
If it help then choose as a best answer.

All Answers

Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
PLease add the Quick action to page layouts 

Hi Rajamohan,
I added the Quick action to the page layout. I also put the feedback field on the page layout.
Thanks.
Satish PrajapatSatish Prajapat
Hello Venkata,
Create feedback field in activity Object then the feedback field will appear in page layout.
If it help then choose as a best answer.
This was selected as the best answer
Hugo Hirano 8Hugo Hirano 8
I'm having the same problem. I created the Feedback field because it didn't exist. I put this field on the page layout. Still not working
Hugo Hirano 8Hugo Hirano 8
I had to create a "Showing Layout" layout on Event object. After that it worked
Philippe Levard 8Philippe Levard 8

Hello, I'm blocked on this challenge with the same issue :

Feeback field is configured

User-added image
Enter Feedback action ​
User-added image
Layout action
User-added image
Showing Layout with Enter Feeback action
User-added image
Any idea about my issue ?
Thanks

Hi Satish,
Thanks for the help. I figured out that there are other required fields that caused the error.
Hi Philippe,

Work on the required fields on the Feedback Action Layout.

Thanks,
Venkata
Sourabh Yerawar 16Sourabh Yerawar 16
Hi,

Please confirm the following points:-

1. New Event Page Layout Name - 'Showing Layout' [ Just Clone the existing one, need not change anything at all ]

2. Action Name - 'Enter Feedback' - [ Only two fields - Name, Feedback( TextArea) ]

3. Edit 'Showing Layout' layout, add 'Enter Feedback' quick action to 'Salesforce1 and Lightning Experience Actions' section.

That's it. It will surely work.

I had the same problem as I had set the wrong name to page layout which was 'Showing' instead of 'Showing Layout'.

Thank you!!!
Brian KernsBrian Kerns
I spent forever on this trying to figure out what I did wrong.  It turned out that the fields in the layout needed to be in top to bottom order instead of left to right.  As soon as I switched the order, it worked perfectly. Ugh!  Hopefully this comment will save someone a lot of trouble.
Weston Kingery 1Weston Kingery 1
thanks @brian kerns 
Benedict Bauer 9Benedict Bauer 9
You are the man, Brian! MVP! @Brian Kerns
Alekh Sharma 9Alekh Sharma 9
Thanks @Brian Kens. It really saved our lot of time and effort.
Galina KnopGalina Knop
Thank you very much  @Brian Kens, it helped.
Lohit Kumar BommanaLohit Kumar Bommana
Thanks!! @Brian Kens.
Tim ConroyTim Conroy
I got it figured out. After a few long hours and ready posts to this Learning Objective:
User-added image
Tim ConroyTim Conroy
Must be in Lighting, not Classic environment.
First make sure there is just the "Name" and "Enter Feedback" fields only in the
section: setup>object manager>EVENT>Buttons,Links and Actions> you should have in the list a Label called; "Enter Feedback". 

I had to dereference my first creation of "Enter Feedback" to fix the problem. Just follow these instructions: there is a tab on the far right of the object 'Enter Feedback' under the 'buttons,links and actions" list. There is a drop-down list button at the far right; select -> 'delete'; It will inform the "Enter Feedback" cannot be deleted. That's because it's linked with two other objects in the database. Go to those objects and dereference. 

Once done, return to the;  setup>object manager>EVENT>Buttons,Links and Actions> and select "New Action". create a new "Enter Feedback".

IMPORTANT: In the editor layout, remove all but the 'name'. From the pallete above find the 'Enter Feedback'.  Place in the "Enter Feedback".  So, you must have only => 'name ' and 'Enter Feedback'.

Important: There will BE AN ERROR MESSAGE pop-up window: IGNORE IT!
SELECT: continue.

Next go to: setup>object manager>EVENT>Page Layouts, select the 'Showing Layout'.

On the selections on the top left; select 'Mobile&Lighting'. The "Enter Feedback" action tab will be highlighted andso select it and drag it into the FIRST position.
BE careful as to not let it slip into last position. IT must be in the FIRST position.

SAVE. Refresh.
I know this is a little overkill; just wanted to explain it as I tackeled it.

JACK YEONGJACK YEONG

i'm unable to create new field on "Fields & Relationships" tab.

is this only me or has others face this rpoblem?