function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jolene ThormanJolene Thorman 

Unable to create a new Trailhead Playground

I'm trying to create a new playground, but am unable to do so.  When I try to select create new trailhead playground, nothing happens.  The list doesn't even register that my curser is hovering over the options in the list.  What am I doing wrong?
Best Answer chosen by Jolene Thorman
Thank you! I ended up logging into a different browser and was able to create the new playground. I normally use Chrome, I’m not sure why it wouldn’t let me create the new playground. I did clear my cache first though, but that didn’t fix it. But after using Edge browser to create the new playground and then getting back into Chrome, the new playground was there. Jolene Thorman Production Assistant o: 972.819.1669 | t: 888.611.2464

All Answers

Alain CabonAlain Cabon
Hi,

Your problem occured today? (Sunday). Sometimes, when you use many orgs at the same time for the trailhead challenges, there are some problems of connexions(rare) or there is a server maintenance.

Log out, clear the cache of your internet browser, log in (you should have done that yet).

There is nothing in the known issues of Salesforce for your problem:

https://force.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/search?q=playground​

https://force.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/search?q=Unable+to+create+a+new+Trailhead+Playground 

If your problem remains, there is this support: https://force.desk.com/customer/portal/emails/new
(I never use it)

Best regards
Alain
Thank you! I ended up logging into a different browser and was able to create the new playground. I normally use Chrome, I’m not sure why it wouldn’t let me create the new playground. I did clear my cache first though, but that didn’t fix it. But after using Edge browser to create the new playground and then getting back into Chrome, the new playground was there. Jolene Thorman Production Assistant o: 972.819.1669 | t: 888.611.2464
This was selected as the best answer
Alain CabonAlain Cabon
Ok, good news, if your problem is solved, you can choose your own answer as the best answer and click on the button. 
Many people ask for this kind of problem around the playground and your solution could help other people.
Regards
Sloan Craven 4Sloan Craven 4
I'm also having this issue
Judith ScottJudith Scott
Me too - have cleared cache.  I created a new DE (only 2nd) to see if I could create it on that but just can't click on anything.  Have opened 2 cases with SF with no response.  Have wasted a week on certification training now :-(
Sloan and Judith,
Have y'all tried used a different browser to access Trailhead and the playground?  I use Chrome consistantly, but even after clearing the cache and history and cookies and anything else I could think of, I ended up just opening Trailhead in a different browser (I used Microsoft Edge) and was able to access everything and create the new playground and set the new one as the default.  I then went back to Chrome and continued my module with no issues.  I suppose I could have continued with Edge, but I like Chrome.  I actually still can't create a new playground while in Chrome, but I haven't needed to again so it hasn't been a big deal for me.
Jon Oddvar Kolnes 5Jon Oddvar Kolnes 5
I'm having this issue as well. As Jolene mentions, Chrome does not even recognize that I hover over the options. I'm not able to create a new Trailhead Playground, and also not able to switch between orgs on the Trailhead module page.
Sloan Craven 13Sloan Craven 13
I've tried using Firefox and it still didn't work,.  
Judith Scott 2Judith Scott 2
I switched from my work PC where I can only use Chrome or the useless IE11 to my personal MacBook where it worked immediately on Firefox.  Extremely frustrating.  Still no response to the two cases I opened!!
Hana LameirasHana Lameiras
Hello, 

I have the same profil, the page is loading but nothing happens. I tried with several browser but it still doesn't work I don't know what to do
Judith ScottJudith Scott
Hi Hana In the end I used Safari to create the trailhead. It didn’t work on either Chrome or IE11. Nothing works on IE11 but it does seem crazy that it didn’t work on Chrome either! [cid:image001.jpg@01D32AF1.B616AA60]
Hana LameirasHana Lameiras
Thanks for your answer Judith ! I tried with chrome, firefox and safari but nothing works....
Amrita Jain 7Amrita Jain 7
I am unable to create trailhead background. The hands-on challenge keeps on progressing.
Paul Jenkins 1Paul Jenkins 1

I am unable to build a Trailhead playground (I have tried in Chrome and Safari). In the Hands-on Challenge I keep getting two messages:
"Please hold while our robots build your Trailhead Playground. This may take a few minutes" and
"Our robots are still working..."

Like I say, I have tried two different browsers (on two machines) and I have cleared the cache on one of them but, no joy.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Vicki Pennington 4Vicki Pennington 4
Working on the Trailhead Playground Management module and have the same issue and can't move forward on the Hands on Challenge (i want my 500 points)
I am unable to build a Trailhead playground (I have tried in Chrome and Safari). In the Hands-on Challenge I keep getting two messages:
"Please hold while our robots build your Trailhead Playground. This may take a few minutes" and
Like I say, I have tried two different browsers (on two machines) and I have cleared the cache on one of them but, no joy.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated
Paul HolcombPaul Holcomb
I am unable to Create a Trailhead Playground. The Hands-on Challenge keeps generating the same two messages:
I've tried using Chrome on one computer and Chrome and IE11 on a brand new laptop; no joy. 
I don't see any solution on the Salesforce community forums.  Any suggestions or advice?
Andri StuderAndri Studer
I managed to create a Trailhead Playground by going to the unit  "3. Install Apps and Packages in Your Trailhead Playground". There you have a hands-on challenge where I was able to create a Trailhead Playground, even though it didn't work for me in the first unit. I am still not able to collect the +500 points for the first hands-on challenge in unit 1 but at least I have a Playground now. Or did anyone find a better solution? (different browser/devices didn't work for me)
Jean McClellandJean McClelland
Going to unit 3 and creating the playground worked for me as well.  Thank You! 
Pearl KoppenhaverPearl Koppenhaver
I'm working on a trail that requires a playground, but when I click launch, Salesforce Classic appears and I need Lightning to complete the hands on work. Help!
Kajari DeKajari De
Unable to create the First Trailhead Playground

Alex Walker 8Alex Walker 8
Hi,

I have been waiting for the Trailhrad Playground to complete  for the last 45 minutes. Is this normal. Are there steps I need to perform beforehand?

Thanks

Alex
Vamsi YechuriVamsi Yechuri
Hi
I am not able to launch a trailhead playground? The hands on challenge link does not work on any page?

Robert MuellerRobert Mueller
I'm also having an issue creating a trailhead playground through that module (to earn the 500 points). The page appears to be stuck on "Our robots are working..."
carl herocarl hero
I am having the same issue. Trying multiple browers and clearig cache/history does not help. I tried retaking challenge and get the same results where the Hands-on challenge just spins indicating to "Please hold on while our robots build your trailhead playground:.

Brett McVeyBrett McVey
I have been struggling with this issue for a bit myself. I must admit, finding my problem made me feel silly.

In the  Create a Trailhead Playground module (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/trailhead_playground_management/units/create-a-trailhead-playground) there are two animated graphics that are just that, animated graphics. Those are not intended to be used to create an initial or an additional Trailhead Playground.

Instead, go to another module that actually has a "Launch" button.  From there you can get the interaction that the graphic depicts. Here is a graphic from a live "Launch" in my Trailhead. 

Saleforce Launch Graphic

Note that the Create a Trailhead Playground DOES NOT HAVE A LAUNCH BUTTON that is active, only a picture of a button in the two graphics. I am guessing that the reason for this is that the Challenge for the module is a quiz and does not require that your Trailhead Playground is launched. 
Christopher BurtChristopher Burt
I am trying to progress with my module challenges but I can no longer create new TP's (some challenges require you to have a fresh playground to complete challenge).  I keep getting this message after I wait for a while:User-added image

Anybody have any ideas on what I should do? 
Rich SchillingRich Schilling
I've just started Trailhead and cannot create a TP. I'm on a Windows 10 machine and primarily use Chrome. I have deleted cache/history for Chrome, Edge, Firefox still to no avail. I've also tried using my Mac at home with Safari. Nothing has worked. I don't see a Launch button probably because I don't have a TP yet. Any help is greatly appreciated!

User-added image
Brett McVeyBrett McVey
Hi, Rich I had a similar issue and posted what was my fix to the thread…In case you missed it and in the event that you may be doing what I had been, I am reposting here. I have been struggling with this issue for a bit myself. I must admit, finding my problem made me feel silly. In the Create a Trailhead Playground module (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/trailhead_playground_management/units/create-a-trailhead-playground) there are two animated graphics that are just that, animated graphics. Those are not intended to be used to create an initial or an additional Trailhead Playground. Instead, go to another module that actually has a "Launch" button. From there you can get the interaction that the graphic depicts. Here is a graphic from a live "Launch" in my Trailhead. [Saleforce Launch Graphic] Note that the Create a Trailhead Playground DOES NOT HAVE A LAUNCH BUTTON that is active, only a picture of a button in the two graphics. I am guessing that the reason for this is that the Challenge for the module is a quiz and does not require that your Trailhead Playground is launched.
Hi Brett. Thanks for your response. I did see your previous post, but the problem I have is that I don't have "Launch" buttons on any modules with a Challenge. I click on "What kind of hands-on org do you want?" in the Install Apps and Packages in your Trailhead Playground (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/trails/learn_salesforce_with_trailhead/modules/trailhead_playground_management/units/install-apps-and-packages-in-your-trailhead-playground) module. 
User-added image

It takes me to this screen. A few seconds after I click on "Create my Trailhead Playground" it reverts back to the Module Challenge and still does not contain the "Launch" button. I've been doing this since for a week now

User-added image
Ricardo Checchi 4Ricardo Checchi 4
Rich,
I had the exact same problem. I found a partial workaround by creating a developer edition account and linking it. Then the launch button would appear.
I said partial because from the dropdown menu, the option to create a new trailhead playground doesn't work. It says that the robots are working to create it, but it never happens. I am trying to figure out how to create multiple orgs with the same DE. For now I have the one.
Rique

Thanks Ricardo. 
I found another workaround and will detail it here for the benefit of others who come across this post.

I login using my SF credentials. I deleted all of the social network links assigned to my account. I created a new account and created a few TP on this new account. I then merged the new account with the old one. In addition to the TP's created on the new account, I can now create TP's!
Michael Perl 3Michael Perl 3
Hello all, 

I am have been having this issue all day. I have tried all the potential solutions posted here including clearing my browsers everything, using multiple computers, browsers, accounts etc. 

(I have not seen anywhere that the issue could be with timing or salesforce themselves.)

Has anyone come up with any other ideas? 

Thanks in advaced. 
Dave Pattison 10Dave Pattison 10
I am also having this issue. I already have a Trailhead playground I created a month ago, but I want to create a second one. All that happens is (after about 3 or 4 seconds of 'robots building') I get this error:

Trailhead Playground creation failed, Please try again

This happens with Chrome, IE and Edge. I even tried turning off Norton Security temporarily but this does not help. 
Valdis KremersValdis Kremers
I was struggling with this too. Started yesterday, opened case and support coudn't do anything. Their response was:

Hi Valdis,

Thanks for getting in touch with the Trailhead support team.

Sorry for this issue you are encountering.We tried with different accounts and multiple users and faced a similar error too. We have escalated the same to the development team and awaiting for the response.We will keep you posted soon once we get the response.

Once again apologies for the inconvenience!

Looking for more answers? Visit Trailhead Help

Happy trails,

Jyothsna Datla
Salesforce Trailhead

I created another account and still no luck! I was using Chrome, then I tried Safari still nothing.
Then I tried Firefox and it worked on both accounts. My guess is Saleforce doesn't like Chrome or there might be some glitches on playground creation.

My solution is go ahead and login with various browsers - Chrome, Safari, Edge, Opera etc. and try to create playground.  Once it is created you can use your favorite browser for continued work.

Dave Pattison 10Dave Pattison 10
Yes seems like it works with Firefox (which I had to install, because I never normally use it). Thanks!
Olivier WienerOlivier Wiener
I couldn't solve this with the above solutions... neither on Chrome or Firefox. Another 2 hours lost...
Created a case with SF, still no answer from them (I'm trying to create a playground for a superbadge).

In the meantime a quick and dirty workaround: find another uncompleted module with a 500 points challenge (this one for example: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/api_basics/units/api_basics_rest) and create your playground there (or several so that you have some reserve for other superbadges) . Then get back to the superbadge and use the newly created playground... Btw, I noticed that when creating the playground, I had to pass via a page that asked for more information about myself, there, my phone was missing. Maybe, this is the root cause of the problem... Cheers
Doug YoungerDoug Younger
I am having the same issue. I've tried multiple browsers from different computers on different networks. I've tried creating from a random module with no luck. This seems like a pretty major issue. I have also created a support case.

With Dreamforce coming next week, and all the challenges and stuff they have for people to do, I would hope that this would be escalated to the highest levels.
@Doug: Hi, I'm sorry that my quick and dirty solution didn't do the trick for you... How many playground do you have ? There is a 10 playground limit...

Also agree that it should be escalated... 8 days after my case creation, I still have no news...
Doug YoungerDoug Younger
Hi, I currently only have 2 playground orgs. I had just cleaned up some old orgs but that was only 5, so I had 7, deleted 5, and was left with 2. I'm not sure if these issues started for anyone else after deleting old playground orgs, but it would be interesting to see if that is a common factor. I'm wondering if there is a max 10 lifetime orgs because they aren't truely being unlinked/deleted?
Hi Doug, not sure that deleting is causing a problem. I did so too before creating the new ones. Currently I have 6 playgrounds and 3 Dev org. I've read about the limit here: https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=9060G0000005dClQAI. Not sure if the 3 Dev org counts again that 10 limit. I'll try to create two more playgrounds to verify this and I'll keep you posted...
Doug, just an update, the 3 dev org do NOT count again the 10 playground limit... I have now 8 PG and 3 DEV org. Have you tried deleting cache and cookies with CCleaner ? And then try again to create a PG from a random module ?
Doug YoungerDoug Younger
Yes, to expand on my original post: I tried from multiple computers (2 laptops and a VM), on multiple networks (work, home, AWS), using multiple browsers (Chrome, Edge, IE 11), both normal and incognito/private modes, attempted to create the PG from several different modules.
Have you tried Firefox ?
Doug YoungerDoug Younger
No. After trying 3+ different browsers, I have no plans to install another. This is not a browser issue.
Your call, Doug. Have you tried updating your info on your profile ? The funny thing here is that there, there is no phone field, while when I first tried to create the new PG from a random uncompleted module, I had to fill a phone field in the displayed formular... I believe this was the missing bit that was not allowing me to create a PG from a superbadge as that form was not appearing... Maybe there is something in your browser settings that prevent from oppening that form from a superbadge and from a regular module ?
Doug YoungerDoug Younger
I have found the issue! If the "Company/Institution" field on your trailhead account profile is blank, the playground creation fails. If you have a value in that field, it works. That field is not marked required... so this is still a bug.
JoshMJoshM
Doug - that worked for me too! Tried everything else mentioned above (clearing cache/cookies, different browsers) but putting a value into the Company/Institution field worked.

Thanks!!
Jose Rodriguez LizarazoJose Rodriguez Lizarazo
Doug is right. I was having the same problem and then I thought that probably it had to be something I changed on my profile. I realized I had recently deleted the content of my 'Company/Institution' field. So I put it back and it worked!
Quentin HQuentin H
Thank you Doug, I had the same issue here, probably after merging my personal and corporate Trailhead accounts... Defo a bug, I was not able to create a Playground for weeks, forcing me to reuse my existing ones while it is clearly stated in some modules not to do so.
David PETIOT (DPE)David PETIOT (DPE)
Yes Doug is right. Company/Institution field in Trailhead accounts should not be blank.
Quentin HQuentin H
I thought it was OK with the Company/Institution field, but after a short while of "Please wait while our robots build your Trailhead Playground. This may take a few minutes", then a long time of "Our robots are still working...", I got this "Well shoot, looks like things timed out creating your Playground. Could you try creating one again?".

I tried on Chrome, Firefox & Edge, same behaviour. I also tried to create from another Module.

I even see a greyed line in "Manage my orgs" page with the new TP under construction, but it disappears after a while...
User-added image

If someone has another idea?
Sergiu IonescuSergiu Ionescu
Same issue here. I can request a Trailhead Playground but the process hangs for a while with the following message and no final effect:
User-added image

I am also not register for a Developer Edition, with the form failing with an internal error validation and by receiving the following email:
"We were unable to complete your request at this time because Salesforce is currently upgrading the template used to sign up your organization. Please try again soon."

I am not sure if the two issues are related at this point, looking forward to see an answer on this issue as well.
Nathan SNathan S
I ran into this issue on a superbadge, and successfully created a playground using a combo of everyone's techniques:
Doing all of this should work, since I think the root cause could be any of the three major issues: Company missing, bad cookies/too many sandboxes, and trying to create a playground from a superbadge.

I would recommend logging out of all salesforce windows once you've set the company/institution and logging back in, just to be 100% safe.

My steps:

1) Filled out my profile with company/institution and to be safe, typed something for all the other fields (literally, "something").
2) Opened MS Edge (Chrome is my regular browser)
3) Opened this non-superbadge page https://trailhead.salesforce.com/projects/build-reusable-lightning-components/steps/create-an-indicator-badge-apex-service
4) clicked "Create a Trailhead Playground"
5) got a popup (this was new) asking for some additional profile info and clicked save
6) while waiting, posted an idea asking for more status info when creating playgrounds: https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=0873A000000CVqHQAW

After all of this I finally made it to "Our robots are still working" and after about 7 minutes I got my playground.

I made 2 to be safe!  Now back to the superbadge.  Thanks to all of you who figured out these workarounds!

Antonio BalestriAntonio Balestri
HI folks, I'm facing the same error trying to create a new Trailhead Playground with Einstein Lead Scoring. I'm able to reach the following link:
https://developer.salesforce.com/promotions/orgs/einsteinleadscoring
but after fill in my information and submitting the form, a pop up appears with the following error:
"Sign up failed due to internal error. Please contact your system administrator". 
I already tried most of the suggestions in this post including change browsers, laptops, clean cache and so on but no luck. Also raised a case more than a week ago to support but no answer from them. Any other ideas ?

Thanks
Nathan SNathan S
@Antonio - I can confirm that the form you mention doesn't work, although it seems to be a different issue. My only suggestion is rather than call support, call a sales rep, because you may want to buy it and a they will be sure to put in more of an effort :)
Antonio BalestriAntonio Balestri
Any idea/alternative to create the TP? Apparently this module can't be completed without creating the new Trailhead Playground with Einstein Lead Scoring ...
Nathan SNathan S
Antonio, If support isn't responding and you don't have an account exec you can call, I would suggest making a new post in the Trailhead group in the Trailblazer community.  Salesforce employees seem to be active in this group, so they may take action faster than support.  Something is very wrong with that form.  It always shows internal error.

Trailhead Community Group Page:
https://success.salesforce.com/_ui/core/chatter/groups/GroupProfilePage?g=0F9300000009Nek
Ruchi PahariyaRuchi Pahariya
The Playground limit is 10 set per developer editon. you have to delete one existing playground to create a new one.I tried using other browsers as mentined but it won't help.Please, mark it as the best answer if it helped you.
Saket Ranjan 3Saket Ranjan 3
Even after clearing cache and changing the browser you might still experience problem in creating new play ground.
 The limit for having playground is 10 so its better to disconnect few obsolete playgrounds.
It worked for me.
Natalia SavkaNatalia Savka
HI, I tried all suggestions but it didn't work. Then I just cleaned unused old playgrounds in "Hands-on org" section below my name in the top right corner and it worked! The "Create new playground" button became active again.