function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TanuTanu 

How to set sender email address while triggering alerts using workflow rule.

Hi All,

I have created an alert which triggers whenever an opportunity got created. Recipient receives this alert from opportunity owner. However, alert should be sent from a particular email id. eg. tpg.communication@domain.com.

how can i achieve this ? your sugesstions are really welcome. 

Thank You

Regards
Tanu
Neha AggrawalNeha Aggrawal
Hi Tanu,

You would need to create organization wide email address. Just search for "Organization-Wide Addresses" in Quick Find and update the email id you wish to send emails from. Choose which all profiles or all, can use the email id. 
Once you do that, a verification email will be sent to the email id which you have updated here. After verification, you will be able to use that id as sender id in the email alert in your workflow.
Thanks.
TanuTanu
Hi Neha,

Thanks for your timely response.

As you suggested, I have added an email id for system admin profile in organisation wide address, and verified. In email alert, i have added that id in from email address. now whenever my workflow rule runs and email triggers, sender id is not the one which i updated. Please let me know if i am doing any mistake?

Thnaks.

Hi Tanu,

It should work. Can you post a screen shot of your email alert page ?
Thanks.
TanuTanu
Organisation wide address
Organisation wide address

Email alert

Email alert

Hi Tanu,

I dont see any error. You should get emails from gera.shilpi@gmail.com.
TanuTanu
i am getting email from system admin user i.e. shilpi.gera@birlasoft.com. pls find below the screenshot of mail.

email
Have you in any other email alert checked this checkkbox:

User-added image
I can not see anyother reason, why the sender id in your email alert is being overidden.