function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Aam MAam M 

I want to transfer complete data from one org to other org using eclipse

I want to transfer complete data from one org to other org using eclipse IDE, can any one tell me full procedure to transfer because there are so many errors showing.

I downloaded one org's data by in eclipse as a project, and then i want to deploy to server(it means other org).. but it is showing so many errors.

How should i achieve this!! 
Aam MAam M
And How to transfer complete data including alll users, profiles created.. please help!
karthikeyan perumalkarthikeyan perumal
Hello, 

Follow the link below.. to migrate data from one org to another Org.. 

Steps :

Download ANT (http://ant.apache.org/bindownload.cgi) . Pre-requisits are JAVA
Go to the  Name --> Setup -->Develop -->Tools -->Force.com Migration Tool and download it ( A Java/ANT-based command line utility for scripted deployment of application metadata ).
After downloading Force.com Migration Tool , copy the Ant-Salesforce.jar file to apache-ant-1.8.4\lib ( Note: Always get the latest Jar file from the Org).     
    4. Two files which we would be fiddling with are
Ant/CodePkg/package.xml  --> This is where we define the classes,Objects,Components in XML format
Ant/Build.Properties --> This is where we would give Username and Password .( Note: Add the SecurityToken at the end of the password) . It also specifies the server URL. We can change this based on Sandbox or Production.
Build.Xml --> (Optional) --> This tells ANT what we are going to be doing This file is responsible for Output Folder, Input Location, etc . It is pre-configured by Salesforce.
Build.XMl --> 3 targets to look out for --> Retrieve, Deploy , Remove
     5. Download the "salesforce_migration_guide" from Salesforce to get help with the component and XML name to configure package.xml
          We can also view http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_meta/index.htm . In this go to Using Metadata API --> Declarative ( File Based) Metadata call --> Metadata Types

Notes for Build.XML :

Retrieve : This would be creating a retrieveMetadata  . It is going to grab all of the metadata files that we wanted to bring down from the target and put them in a RetrieveMetadata Folder
and the actual deployment package is specified in this retrieveSource/package.xml

<target name="retrieve">
      <mkdir dir="retrieveMetadata"/>
      <sf:retrieve username="${sf.username}" password="${sf.password}" serverurl="${sf.serverurl}" retrieveTarget="retrieveMetadata" unpackaged="retrieveSource/package.xml"/>
</target>

Lets look at retrieveSource/package.xml ( or Unpackaged/package.xml)
User-added image

Now based on this package.xml , we are going to download this and stick it on to the folder called as the RetrieveMetadata 

6. We have a Source org and a Target Org.
     7. Now we are going to write a script to grab all of the information from the source org

8. C:/Desktop/ant-demo> ant retrieve

9.Now it creates a new folder called as the "retrieveMetaData"

Now How do we push it to the other ORG ?

10.Go to the build properties and change the Username and password of the TARGET ORG.

Deploy:  This is going to look at the Deployroot= "retrievemetadata" and use that to push over to my TARGET ORG. (Build.XML file)

<target name="deploy">
      <sf:deploy username="${sf.username}" password="${sf.password}" serverurl="${sf.serverurl}" deployRoot="retrieveMetadata"/>
    </target>

11.C:/Desktop/ant-demo> ant deploy

Reference from : 

http://jagannathvalaiyapathy.blogspot.in/2013/02/deploying-salesforcecom-metadata-using.html
Hope this will help you.. 
Thanks
karthik

Aam MAam M
thanks @Karthikeyan...
I want to migrate this using EClipse IDE... Please tell me the procedure... so that i can migrate full metadata including all objects & their fields layouts users profiles..