function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mehak batramehak batra 

Process Automation

Hi Everyone, I got Stuck in the same challenge.
In Process Automation,
Automate Basic Business Processes with Process Builder

Create a process to update child record when the parent is updated.
You've been given a requirement to keep Contact addresses in sync with the Account they belong to. Use Process Builder to create a new process that updates all child Contact addresses when the address of the Account record is updated. This process:
Can have any name.
Must be activated.
Must update Contact mailing address fields (Street, City, State, Post Code, Country) when the parent Account shipping address field values are updated.
NOTE: You may have to deactivate the validation rule for the Contacts object (created from a previous challenge) in order to complete this challenge.

Again It shows an error.

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, Account number must be 8 characters long.: []

Can you please tell me how to deactivate the validation rule in contacts.
Chris RohlfingChris Rohlfing
I havent gotten that far in the challenge.  I'm still trying to figure out how to rename the mailing fields.  So sorry to answer your question with a question, but maybe if I can figure out how to get to where you are I can help you.  2 questions: 1) parent Account shipping has like 5 fields are all of those supposed to be part of the criteria? 2) the action type I selected was update records in [Account]ParentAccountID.Contacts with no criteria.  The value I want it to insert into each field would be whatever the corresponding value in the Account shipping address field was just updated to.  Is there some special syntax to get it to enter this value?
So I may have figured your problem out, but since I'm still having the above troubles I can't verify.  In Validation Rules, find the rule you want  to deactivate, click on edit.  Right under the rule name there is a check box that says active.  Deselect it.  Save.
mehak batramehak batra
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the help.
I already deactivate the validation rule but still showing the error.

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, Account number must be 8 characters long.: []

I dont know why and whats missing.

mehak batramehak batra
When you will complete your challenge please let me know and share the stepwise process.
That will be very helpful for me.

Hey, Mehak, did you ever figure it out.  I'm still at it.  Here's a thread I found that may have an answer for you.
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000B2C0IAK

If you did figure it out, let me know what you did.
Thanks!
mehak batramehak batra
Process Automation
Automate Basic Business Processes with Process Builder

I followed all steps but still showing the error:

Showing step-by-step below:

Please find out, where I did wrong or where I missed the step or Why it showing error.

mehak batramehak batra
Hi Chris,
Still stuck on the same. I followed all steps.
Still got the same error.
Let me try one more time and let you know.

Thanks
Mehak

Got it!
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000220643&type=1

So you have to reverse what this post is doing (ie switch what they are calling contact and account) but the trick is this Null thing.
Don't understand why it worked but it worked. 
Good luck!