function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Natalia TokinaNatalia Tokina 

Create similar object to campaign

Hi everybody, 
I've just acquired Salesforce Sales Cloud for my company and trying to customize some of the objects. 
I'm trying to understand how to create a similar one to Campaigns for this purpose: 
I have a list of boutiques (accounts) that have many different brands (customized objects), what i would like is to add a related list in both objects, interlinked to each other so I can "add a brand" to a specific account from the account, or "add account" to a specificic brand from the brand.
Exactly like campaigns I can see the members, and on each contact (but in this case it has to be account) the list of campaigns to which it participates. 

Any help?
Joe BrodarJoe Brodar

Hi Natalia,

What you are looking for is a joining object to connects your Accounts (boutiques) with your Brands. I would set it up like this:

New Custom Object "Brand Offered"

• Boutique__c ==> Master-Detail (Account) 
  • Brand__c ==> Lookup (Brand)
  • You can then use formula fields to pull in any data for the Account or Brand record that you might want to see at this level
By using this joining object, you can create a many-to-many relationship between Accounts and Brands, and you should be able to add the related list for "Brands Offered" to both the Account and Brand page layouts.

- Joe
Natalia TokinaNatalia Tokina
Hi Joe, 
Thanks very much, the only thing is that I need to see on the brand page the accounts related, not the brands offered. 
What I did is to create a junction object called AssociateBrandAccount and did a master relationship between the 3 all born from the juction.
What I'm struggeling with is to actually create a button on the related list from which I can do "add account"  from the account list in brands, and "add brand" from the brands list in account. 

I've triet to create a customized quick action, but it doesn't allow me to add it to the new lists.