function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tammy BlakeTammy Blake 

Is Salesforce Connect better than Informatica and Jitterbit for two way real-time Integration with web apps?

My company is trying to decide with tool to use for a two-way real-time integration with our web applications. I would like to know if Salesforce connect is a good option and if anyone has used it before to speak more on it.

Best Answer chosen by Tammy Blake
Rahul KumarRahul Kumar (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Tammy,

May I suggest you please refer the below link for reference on Salesforce connect. Hope it will be helpful.

Please mark it as best answer if the information is informative.

Thanks
Rahul Kumar

All Answers

Rahul KumarRahul Kumar (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Tammy,

May I suggest you please refer the below link for reference on Salesforce connect. Hope it will be helpful.

Please mark it as best answer if the information is informative.

Thanks
Rahul Kumar
This was selected as the best answer
Tammy BlakeTammy Blake
Thank you Rahul it was quite informative. Have you used Informatica or Jitterbit before for a two-way real-time integration of web apps using REST API? If so, which of the two do you think is better and why?

Thanks,
Tammy
Greg Stasko 7Greg Stasko 7
Hi Tammy,

Don't know if you're still investigating this, but I'll add a few thoughts. 

First, to be up front, I'm an Informatica employee. I'll do my best to NOT turn this into a sales call! (Or to make it too long!)

Salesforce Connect is a very powerful tool for integrating external data. (For me, "integrate" means "access without copying".) It requires that whatever data source you want to integrate be accessible via the OData protocol. Vendors like Informatica, Jitterbit, Mulesoft, Progress, etc. have solutions that make various data sources OData-accessible or compatible. (Very few things natively speak OData.) They also may have ways of securely integrating data that sits inside your company firewall. There are also open-source projects that can be used to build an OData wrapper for your data sources, if you're interested in a DIY development project.

You also have to license Salesforce Connect from Salesforce. If you want to take advantage of the functionality that Salesforce provides to External Data Objects (__x, vs __c for Custom Objects), then you'll want Salesforce Connect.

Many of the Salesforce middleware vendors also have their own unique ways of integrating external data that does not require licensing Salesforce Connect. However, these solutions don't give you External Data Objects. If you don't need that explicit functionality, than these vendor-specific solutions may be a good fit for you. They have their own licensing costs, however.

I think that most of the vendors I've mentioned offer some sort of "try before you buy, no obligation" evaluation. With Informatica, you can readily test Salesforce Connect using us to make your data sources OData-compatible, and at the same time, try out our Informatica-specific solution for incorporating external data into your Salesforce org(s). This includes accessing data inside your company firewall. I can't speak for the other vendors, of course.

Bottom line - it's not necessarily "Salesforce Connect vs. Jitterbit, Informatica, or other vendors". You may need a middleware vendor, even if you choose to go with Salesforce Connect. Or these vendors may have a solution that will be sufficient, by itself.

Hope this is helpful, and I'm happy to answer any questions.

Greg Stasko