function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Eryn Leigh MillerEryn Leigh Miller 

Hi! I am in need of assistance in updating the hard coded reference for our Contact Profile drop down menu for our contacts. Can someone assist me?

Alain CabonAlain Cabon
Hi,

Could you show a snapshot of this drop down menu? The drop down menus are picklst fields normally (hard coded?).

These values can be updated with the dataloader (update/upsert) or a little apex script launched from the developer console anonymous if there are few contacts?

Regard
Thank you for your response! Yes, the screen shot is below. SF ran a job for me and said the contact profile had matching hard coded values to the search string and directed me here to ask about getting it fixed. I don't quite understand any of this honestly! So I appreciate your help.
User-added image
Alain CabonAlain Cabon
Ok, have you the right to launch the "setup" ?

Contact > Fields and there is a picklist named "Profile" probably

User-added image

Regards
Yes, I see this there under Contact Custom Fields and Relationships. What do I do next? Thank you!
Alain CabonAlain Cabon
You can click on the name of the field (underline) and you will see the list of values with a button "New"

Alain
ok, yes I see that in there. What is next?
Alain CabonAlain Cabon
You want to add a new value so after clicking "New" just write your new values (one par line) in the box.

I don't need to add a new value to the list though. We are happy with the items in this list as-is. My issue is something with this field being affected by hardcoded references and when the instance refresh happens for my org, it won't work any longer. This is what SF support is telling me when I submitted a ticket. But I don't understand how to update a hard coded reference. Do you work for SF? I can send you the information they sent me if that would help.
Alain CabonAlain Cabon
Hi,

Ok it is not your contact profile but you need to do the actions of the line in bold.

General FAQs

1. What are hard-coded references (also known as instance-specific references)? 

a) A hard-coded reference is a URL that contains the instance name in the URL (e.g. na1.salesforce.com) instead of a generic, non-instance specific URLs (e.g. login.salesforce.com or sfdc.my.salesforce.com).

2. How can I find hard-coded references? 

a) Salesforce has released a new tool to help admins find hard-coded references. This is part of the Lightning Readiness Assessor Tool, as enabling My Domain is required for many Lightning features. In addition, My Domain is recommended to ensure your org is prepared for future maintenances such as instance refreshes or org migrations.
b) You can use this new tool by going to Setup | Lightning Experience | scroll until you see 'Check Your Lightning Experience Readiness'.
c) For availability and other considerations with this tool, see the article, Availability and Considerations for Using Lightning Experience Readiness Check 

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=Updating-Hard-Coded-References-FAQ&type=1
Alain CabonAlain Cabon
I used a lot the PDF document made by the check LEX readiness but I don't see the link with your field contact profile.

Setup | Lightning Experience | scroll until you see 'Check Your Lightning Experience Readiness'.

This is very technical and do you have seen this PDF document?
Alain CabonAlain Cabon
User-added image

You will get a document PDF generated and it is very technical with a part "hard-coded references" and we will analyse the results.
Yes, I've already done this part. A rep from SF is the one who actually did this for me and sent me a list of hard coded references. Most of the items he sent me are things we don't care about and will get rid of. So no updating needed.
In the list of items with hard coded references he divided them up by type, the Contact Profile item was under a heading Buttons and URLs. Below I am copying exactly what is in the email from him (minus the items we are getting rid of thus don't need updating):

Buttons and URLs
----------------
Please review the following item(s) as they have matching hard coded values to the search string:
Contact_Profile: https://na2.salesforce.com/00b400000014GE3AAM

I agree, this is very technical and I do not understand it. I need someone from SF to go into our org and make this change for me. The FAQs and instructions I've been sent do not make sense to me and I need some help. I've already spent a lot of time on this and it is frustrating as I do not have a background as a developer. In my help ticket, he rederred me to this developers forum for assistance in getting this hard coded rederence updated.

Are you able to make this change for me? I have already granted access to SF so you should be able to gop into our org. Thank you!
Alain CabonAlain Cabon
Hi,

Contact_Profile: https://na2.salesforce.com/00b400000014GE3AAM

When you watch at the result of the previous URL in your current org (copy/paste the URL in your browser), you have to found the way for having the same result by your menu/button/link after the migration and copy/paste the new URL everywhere it is used in your new configuration data because the ID (00b400000014GE3AAM) will change in your new org after the migration.

The PDF file should indicate the location in your configuration otherwise the solution is to download all the metadata and search everywhere in the exported files (very very technical).

FILTER = 00b, it is a filter. 

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=Standard-Field-Record-ID-Prefix-Decoder&language=en_US&type=1

Have you got other info in the PDF file for https://na2.salesforce.com/00b400000014GE3AAM (location of this URL)? 

Regards
Hi Alain, I ended up getting this figured out yesterday so I am all good. I did not get a chance to come back into the forum and update you. But thank you for your help!
Alain CabonAlain Cabon
Hi Eryn, could you give the solution here and close your question choosing yourself as the best answer.  Other people could have the same problem and they will not found the final solution which works. Thanks.
Hi, oh yes, sure! Turns out all that needs to take place is the URL in the Contact Profile area needs to be updated to the new instance refresh. We are NA2 now, but that will change on 9/16. SF provided me with the new NA instance number, so I just need to go into the screen below, choose edit, and edit the URL to reflect the new instance number.

User-added image