function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ryan GreeneRyan Greene 

Set a number then add 1 to it

Hello,
I am having difficulty adding a number to a set, then once it is set how do I add 1 to that number?

Code below; I receive error on line 3 of: void add(Decimal) from the type Set<Integer>
and error on line 11 of: void valueOf(Set<Integer>) from the type assign, which is directly related to line 3 not being set
Set<Integer> assignid = new Set<Integer>();
    for(Lead lead : [SELECT AssignIDDateTime__c, Assignment_ID__c FROM Lead WHERE AssignIDDateTime__c != null ORDER BY AssignIDDateTime__c DESC LIMIT 1]){
        assignid.add(lead.Assignment_ID__c);
    }

for(Lead l : Trigger.new){
        if(l.Status == 'Underwriting'){
	        if(l.AssignIDDateTime__c == null){
            	l.Assignment_ID__c = decimal.valueOf(1);
            }else{
                l.Assignment_ID__c = decimal.valueOf(assignid) + decimal.valueOf(1);
            }
        }

}
Thank you!
Akhilesh Reddy BaddigamAkhilesh Reddy Baddigam
Hi Ryan Greene this error might be due to Assignment_ID__c field type can you make sure that Assignment_ID__c is of type Integer and check again.
thank you
if this helps to solve your problem please choose this as the best answer !
venkat-Dvenkat-D
Try chaging line 3 to assignid.add(lead.assignent_id__c.intValue());
Subham Agarwal 19Subham Agarwal 19
replace line 3 with the following code 

if(lead.Assignment_ID__c != null)
assignid.add(Integer.valueOf(lead.Assignment_ID__c));

Please choose this as the best answer if it solves the problem! :)
Ryan GreeneRyan Greene
Thanks @venky409 !

Any thoughts on adding 1 to the value? Now the error just lies on line 11. The error I get now is Illegal assignment from Set to Decimal

To clarify:
Assignment_ID__c is a number field, so Apex seems to take it as a Decimal
when I add that field to the Set<Integer> it gets converted to an Integer

So on line 11 do I need to convert back to a decimal, and then add 1?

venkat-Dvenkat-D
Yes, you need to convert it back to decimal and add 1 or you can change your set to Decimal as well. 
Ryan GreeneRyan Greene
Thanks @venky409
I tried a few different things like integer.valueOf(assignId) and decimal.valueOf(assignId). Continue to receive erros :(

How can I convert it back to decimal?
venkat-Dvenkat-D
Ryan i was just trying to solve your exact problem . Can you tell me why you are using set ? or functionality you are trying to achieve?
Ryan GreeneRyan Greene
Yes, so the AssignID field is actually just a number and can only be 1, 2, or 3. Then I have a process builder that Assigns an Underwriter based on the number Example: 1 would go to Joe, 2 would go to Bob, and 3 would go to Steve. They need to go in order so a random number would not work. 

The SOQL finds the last record that was numbered and adds 1 to it, therefore going in order 1 2 3 (I'll add a statement later that if the previous assignid = 3 then make the next one 1).

Now that Im writing this out, do I really need a Set? I guess I would, right?

Heres an updated code. No error on page but I get an error when a record moves to the "Underwriting" stage, something like it needs a decimal, but it's returning an Integer. So, if we can figure out how to convert back to decimal.......
trigger assign on Lead (before insert, before update) {
    for(Lead lead : [SELECT AssignIDDateTime__c, Assignment_ID__c FROM Lead WHERE AssignIDDateTime__c != null ORDER BY AssignIDDateTime__c DESC LIMIT 1]){
        assignid.add(lead.Assignment_ID__c.intValue());
    }

for(Lead l : Trigger.new){
        if(l.Status == 'Underwriting'){
                l.Assignment_ID__c = integer.valueOf(assignid);
                l.AssignIDDateTime__c = DateTime.now();
        }
    }
}

venkat-Dvenkat-D
integer counter = 1;
for(Lead ld : Trigger.New){
if(l.status == 'Underwriting'){
if(counter<=3) {
l.assignment_id__c = counter;
}else {
counter = 0;
}
counter++;
}

}

can you try this. What i am doing is using counter i am assigning counter to assignment id. it resets to 1 if its equals 3. let me know how this works.

venkat-Dvenkat-D
If you want to get last records assignment id then rather asigning counter to 1 assign that query value to counter ex : it can be 2 or 3 and it resets once it reaches 3. 
Ryan GreeneRyan Greene
@venkat-D Sorry it took me a while to get back to this thread. Lots of other implementations to focus on!

So I tried the counter, thank you for creating it. I'm receiving the same error with the counter as I was before. "System.TypeException: Invalid integer: common.apex.runtime.impl.SetValue@2:" It seems to know the value is 2 where it says "SetValue@2" but again this field is set as decimal, so does this need to be converted to a decimal? How? I think if it gets converted back correctly it will work! Almost there!
trigger assign on Lead (before insert, before update) {
		    if(lead.AssignIDDateTime__c != null){
            	assignid.add(lead.Assignment_ID__c.intValue());
            }    
        }
	integer counter = integer.valueOf(assignid);
	for(Lead l : Trigger.New){
		if(l.status == 'Underwriting'){
			if(counter<=3) {
				l.Assignment_ID__c = counter;
			}else {
				counter = 0;
			}
			counter++;
		}
    }
}

venkat-Dvenkat-D
Try chaging l.Assignment__c = (Decimal) counter;
Ryan GreeneRyan Greene
:( same error
venkat-Dvenkat-D
Can you post screenshot of field setup for Assignment_ID__c? 
Ryan GreeneRyan Greene
User-added image
User-added image
venkat-Dvenkat-D
Try this l.Assignment__c = Decimal.valueof(counter.format());