function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Anu1786Anu1786 

Stuck in Trailhead - Automate Basic Business Processes with Process Builder

I am stuck on a challenge for Create a process to update child record when the parent is updated. I get the following error message, which I am unable to resolve. Please somebody advice. Followed all steps, I have deactivated the validation rule as well.

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, Account number must be 8 characters long: []

Original Challenge:

Create a process to update child record when the parent is updated.
You've been given a requirement to keep Contact addresses in sync with the Account they belong to. Use Process Builder to create a new process that updates all child Contact addresses when the address of the Account record is updated. This process:
Can have any name.
Must be activated.
Must update Contact mailing address fields (Street, City, State, Post Code, Country) when the parent Account shipping address field values are updated.
NOTE: You may have to deactivate the validation rule for the Contacts object (created from a previous challenge) in order to complete this challenge.
Best Answer chosen by Anu1786
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
It look like in your org you have any Validation rule on Account/Contact object. Please try to deactivate the same and try again same modue.

Let us know if this will help you

All Answers

Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
It look like in your org you have any Validation rule on Account/Contact object. Please try to deactivate the same and try again same modue.

Let us know if this will help you

This was selected as the best answer
Anu1786Anu1786
@Amit..Thank you so much I did turn off validation rule on Account but not on Contact Object. It works now. Cheers!!
Anu1786Anu1786
@ Amit..Thanks a lot. It works now. I did turn off validation rule on Account but didn't do it for Contact but it works now. Cheers!!