function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jeff Stouse 5Jeff Stouse 5 

cannot install Community Search Dashboard for chatter...missing organization feature Networks

All,

I have seen several other posts on "Cannot Install NNNNNN: Missing Organization Feature:" but my situation is in the Trailhead Module on Making Better Decisions with Analytics" we are asked to install the Salesforce Community Management Package for Communities with Chatter. When I do (for either just the sysadmin or for all users) I get the errors:

Missing Organization Feature: Networks
Missing Organization Feature: NetworksEnabledOnce

I have already created three different communities, so everything is working there, but when I try to install this app I keep getting this error. I do NOT have an object named "network" or "networks" - but am not sure if that matters as the install error above (is not that verbose.)

Should I just create a custom object named "Networks"? or would I probably miss something in the setup that will still cause the install to fail?

Any and all help appreciated - this really slows down my studying - SF should be monitoring these more closely...
Mitchell CarlsonMitchell Carlson

Hi,
I see no one replied to this. I actually have just received this error as well for the same trailhead content. Were you able to resolve this on your own? If so, could you please share the steps you took?

Thanks,
Mitch

Mitchell CarlsonMitchell Carlson
After playing around with this, I was able to succesfully download the package. In order to do this, I enabled communities in my salesforce org. I then created a new (mock) community (just initiated it, no build). After enabling and creating I was able to successfuly download the app. Hope this helps!
Alexandre LordelloAlexandre Lordello
I had the same problem and took a long time to solve just because I didn't pay attention to the Note on the Trailhead unit:

"You’ll need your hands-on org username and password. If you used a Trailhead Playground, this article shows you how to find your username and reset your password..."

Article: https://force.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2659738-how-to-get-a-password-for-my-trailhead-playground?b_id=13478

The error occurred because I thought I was installing the package on the Trailhead org, but in fact when AppExchange asked for userid and psw, I inserted the ones from my personal DE org. As this one had no communities, the Enable Communities was unchecked. To solve this, I enabled the communities and the package was installed successfully ON MY PERSONAL DE ORG.

Ops! But I don't want to start using my personal DE Org on Trailhead, I want to keep using the Trailhead Org! What to do? Just follow the easy instructions on the above article, change your Trailhead Org password (never the userid!), uses your Trailhead userid and psw to install the app from AppExchange and voilá! Everything works fine.