function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Pooja Arora 17Pooja Arora 17 

Visual workflow - Creating chatter group from oppty record

Hi, 
I am working on creating a visual workflow, which is launched via button on oppty record.  When a user clicks the button, a chatter group is created with all deal team members automatically become chatter group members.  Until this step it's working just fine. But my boss asked me to add Oppty description in that pop up screen along with the Chatter group and Group members.  
My question is my flow is based on Oppty team members, how do i pull in one field (oppty descrption) from opportunity object.  I am really stuck.  

Any help is appreciated.  
Steven BlackwellSteven Blackwell
Did you ever figure this out? I'm looking to do something that is similar in nature to this.
desmoquattrodesmoquattro
Hey guys. This should be doable, and pretty easy. But I'd encourage you to be more ambitious! A few thoughts:
  • Might it be simpler to collaborate on an Opportunity record itself instead of creating a group? Just enable feed tracking on opportunities and you have collaboration built into the deal.
    • If you continue with the group approach (which I understand some people like to do), then you might want to find some way to prevent creation of duplicate groups.
  • BONUS POINTS: You may want to add the Opportunity record to the Group Records. This can be done by creating an automated first post that mentions the record or otherwise shares it in the group. Then the group will show up in the Groups related list on Opportunities. Reference: http://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/spring15/release-notes/rn_chatter_groups_records_ga.htm
  • Since you created the group in your flow, it's just a matter of writing to the Description field on that ColaborationGroup record you created no? Either: