function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sravan R PinnintiSravan R Pinninti 

Opportunity created By User should always have Edit Access?

Hi All,

I have a requirement where the user who created the opportunity should always have edit access to it irrespective of the owner but standard SF functionality is not allowing this.

For eg:
User A creates an opportunity. User A chooses a field value based on which we change the ownership to User B using Apex. While changing the Ownership to B, I am adding an opportunity team member for User A with Edit access but its getting overridden to "Read Only" automatically. I tried adding opportunity share Records with Edit access to the opportunity but it's not helping me. I have also tried building a trigger on opportunity team member record to update the access level to edit whenever the Opportunity team record related to A is modified. 

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank You.

Regards,
Sravan.
David HalesDavid Hales
Hi Sravan ,

You need to make the Opportunity Public from Sharing Settings. You must have made Opportunity Private.
Go to Organization-Wide Defaults
Click on Edit and for opportunity Make it Public. 

Hope this Helps 
If this resolves please mark it as Best Answer.

Best Regards 
David Hales(1058)
David HalesDavid Hales
Hi Sravan,

CRUD (create, read, edit and delete) access on objects is determined by Profiles/Permission sets. So if you need to give a single user Edit access to an Opportunity, all you need to do is create a Permission Set and enable Edit access for that object in the Permission Set, then assign it to the user.
​Manage Users -> Permission Sets

Here's a reference guide to help you with creating a permission set

or

If the team member that you need to update doesn’t appear in the Opportunity Team related list, view the full list.
You edit opportunity team members on the detail page of the opportunity team member that you need to update.
When editing inactive users with assigned split percentages, you can edit only the split-related fields.
If your Salesforce admin defined custom fields, you’ll see them when you edit a team member, even if your admin didn’t add them to the Add Opportunity Team Members page.
The member’s opportunity access level can’t be less than your Salesforce org’s default opportunity sharing access.

If the above suggestion worked, let us know by marking the answer as "Best Answer" right under the comment which will help the rest of the community should they have a similar issue in the future. 

Thanks & Regards 
David Hales(1053)
Kloudrac Software Pvt. Ltd.