function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ana-Maria Mihalceanu 1Ana-Maria Mihalceanu 1 

salesforce DX : Convert and Deploy an Existing App issue

Hello,
I am trying to complete the salesforceDX trail (Convert and Deploy an Existing App). In the command line when I try to create the following scratch-org 

sfdx force:org:create -f config/project-scratch-def.json -a MyScratchOrg
I get this error:
ERROR running force:org:create:  You do not have access to the [ScratchOrgInfo] object.
Also, I am logged in DevHub.
Best Answer chosen by Ana-Maria Mihalceanu 1
Alex PashkinAlex Pashkin
Hi, 
Try to use this
sfdx force:auth:web:login -d -a DevHub

I have the same issue and to solve this you should use this auth command

All Answers

Alex PashkinAlex Pashkin
Hi, 
Try to use this
sfdx force:auth:web:login -d -a DevHub

I have the same issue and to solve this you should use this auth command
This was selected as the best answer
Ana-Maria Mihalceanu 1Ana-Maria Mihalceanu 1
Ok. Thank you for your reply.
Manohar kumarManohar kumar

Hi Alex, i am new to salesforce dx. I created a scratch org, not sure how to push data into it. when i run source:push, its showing no records found. Where do i have to put codes for pushing data. can you please help Alex ? 
Thanks in advance. 

Manohar

alo sen 12alo sen 12
I have used this command 
sfdx force:auth:web:login -d -a DevHub and now sitting for it to configure the DevHub. How long does it take?

IMManishIMManish
@alo sen 12 - Notice that when you run this command, within a minute your default browser window opens in which you need to provide your username and password. Once you do that you can start creating scratch orgs.
alo sen 12alo sen 12
Thank you IMManish. That was helpful.

fred flores 20fred flores 20
   I am adding myself to the list of the problems experienced. The workaround is to create the org outside of the process given as everyone else experienced the org does not seem to get generated with the lesson? Then associate the org user name with either the config and alias. Well, I have spent two days of trying. I am now putting this lesson on hold until I see the automatic process working. The stuck point I have found is that even if you create a config with the defaultdevhubusername the system still does not find the value to allow you to use it with the command 
"sfdx force:org:open" . The system complains the defaultdevhubusername is not set? I also noted the original scratch org was expired. Setting up a replacement did not work.
Scratch org status

Step by step issue with defaultdevhubusername

I hope to see an update to resolve the automated process of creation. 
Thanks Fred Flores