function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mukesh guptamukesh gupta 

Case Status Changed Accidentally

Hi Expert,

I have a 50000 of case and  few case Status was "Closed". but acidentily it's Satus change to "New" and date of case close not change. I know the usermodifybyId for all updated cases. but how to change status to 'Closesd' again that was change 'New'. if i changed Status 'New' to 'Closed' then Date of case cloesd will change , here i need to maintain date of case closed as alerady set. i don't want to change date of  case close

Pleaes suggest.

Many Thanks
Mukesh   

Glyn Anderson 3Glyn Anderson 3
Mukesh,

In my org, when I change Case Status from "Closed" to "New", the ClosedDate is cleared.  Are you sure you still have the original ClosedDate?

The ClosedDate field is not writeable in Apex code.  I think you will have to open a ticket with Salesforce support.  They might be able to change the status without triggering the automatic ClosedDate update.
mukesh guptamukesh gupta
@Glyn, 

Thanks for response, 

I have checked date/time close is standard field and only redable.  But when status change closed to new this field remain the case closed date.  

How to trace this field value and how they maintain after status set to new, any alternate for trace this

Thanks 
Mukesh