function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Denise Crosby 2Denise Crosby 2 

related list add multiple records

Hello. I have several related lists on my opportunity page. One of them is for accounts that we call "Contractors". My users want to click "New" and select all the contractors they want to add to the related list on one screen, without having to click "New" every time. What's the best way to do this? Thank you.

User-added image
Hemant_SoniHemant_Soni
Hi Denise,
Correct me if i am wrong.

You need a button,When user click's on that button then you need all contracters in one window and from all of the contract's which have user seleted you need to add all those contract in related list of opportunity.

Thanks
Hemant

Hi Hemant,
Yes, that is exactly what I need to do. 
Thanks
Denise
Hemant_SoniHemant_Soni
Hi Denise,
I have few more question.
  1. you need all contractor which exist in your org or you need all those contractor which is related to your opportunity.
  2. Do you have any development Experiance.
  3. Do you need this urgent.
I am asking these questions because i need to make this functionality in my developer org and it take little bit time.

Thanks
Hemant
Hi Hemant,
1. I need all contractors which exist in my org. They are stored in the account object with type "Contractor"
2. I have experience with Apex, triggers, .NET, SQL. I am not so good on the UI side such as HTML, Javascript and CSS. Most of my experience is on the middle tier and database side.
3. No, I don't need it urgently. I have maybe 2-4 weeks, or longer depending on how long I can push them off. :)

Thank you
Denise

Hemant_SoniHemant_Soni
Hi Denise,
I will did this for you.You can add me on your skype so when it complete i will contact you.
"sonihemant26" this is my skype id.Please add me on your skype.
Thanks
Hemant
Thanks Hemant. I added you on Skype. :)
Hemant_SoniHemant_Soni
Hi Denise,
If my code helps you then please mark it solved.
Thanks
Hemant
Hi Hermant,
Thanks for sending. I may have questions about it later, if you're still willing to help. I haven't had time to dive into it. It was a lot more code than I was expecting.
Thanks
Denise
Liz MalmanLiz Malman
Hemant,

Can you send me this code as well? I am trying to accomplish the same thing.  It would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,
Liz