function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mukesh guptamukesh gupta 

Customer portal

Hi Expert,

I have a Status picklist on Case object with 4 options in salesforce, but now i need same Status picklist display only 2 option on customer portal.

Please give any idea.

Thanks
Mukesh 

PawanKumarPawanKumar
Hi Mukesh,

There are two alternate way to achieve this:

1. As far as i know the only way you could restrict the profile from not selecting the certain values by creating validation rule & restricting the user with Error message if they choose any of the values.
AND(
Profile.id="YOURCUSTOMERPORTALPROFILEID",
OR(
ISPICKVAL(Picklist field,"Picklist value1"),
ISPICKVAL(Picklist field ,"Picklist value 2")))

2. You can create new pick list field with only two value which is necessary, make visible to only Customer portal layout, and then default your selected Value to your original pick list by using Process Builder(i am sure workflow can not do picklist update).

Regards,
Pawan Kumar

mukesh guptamukesh gupta
@Pawan,

Here "Status" is standard picklist on case object, so how i can manage same picklist for Customer portal  with 2 option and in salesforce with 4 options.

Please suggest

Malni Chandrasekaran 2Malni Chandrasekaran 2
Mukesh,
You may create a new Record Type with the selected picklist data and associate with the Customer portal page layout. Please refer the below link for more details

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=customize_recordtype_considerations.htm&type=0&language=en_US&release=208.17