function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Aron Schor 24Aron Schor 24 

How do I reference Campaign Member data on the Contact object via Formula?

I also posted this in the Successs Community but it might be a bit complex/not possible.  I have not gotten a reply.
I recently installed an App that sends out emails and is tied to a Workflow on the Campaign Member object.  It works, but the issue is that since its a Workflow I can’t use the HTML Email Status Report.  I would like to try to create an Email Template on the Contact object that references fields on the Campaign Member object but I am not sure how to link via a formula.  This way I could just do a Mass Email Contacts and then I could use the HTML Email Status Report to see if emails are being read.  Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks.  Aron
Best Answer chosen by Aron Schor 24
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Hi Aron, 
If I understand Correctly, You want to show Campaign member data on the Contact Object Which is not possible through formulas .
What you can do is create a normal field and update it though process builder as shown below. 

User-added image

All Answers

Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Hi Aron, 
If I understand Correctly, You want to show Campaign member data on the Contact Object Which is not possible through formulas .
What you can do is create a normal field and update it though process builder as shown below. 

User-added image

This was selected as the best answer
Aron Schor 24Aron Schor 24
Thanks Raj, huge help.  I might be able to troubleshoot this some more but I am a little stuck...
I am having problems selecting the field I created on the Contact object to be updated.

Select A Record To Update: Select a record related to the CampaignMember
Select Contact Id
Select No criteria—just update the records!
Set new fields for the records you update: I see Pardot URL which is a URL field on the Contact Object but I don’t see Site RSVP Link which is also a URL field.  That is the field I just created.  Any idea?  Thanks again!