function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sourav PSourav P 

Assign Task in a Time-Based workflow to some specific users only

Hi,
I have a custom object, where i have created a time based WF.  I have created Tasks on the WF. Now i want to assign those tasks only to some spefic  3 or 4 users.
The object is a child object in a MD relationship, so i dont have the option for creating a queue. Only options i can see in " Assigned to" filter is owner, user and role. I dont want to create a role for this one. If i choose user, it can have only one that i can select.
Is there any other way or if i can do through trigger , that i can assign the tasks in this object to these users only ? If trigger, Can you plz suggest the structure of the trigger.Thanks
HARSHIL U PARIKHHARSHIL U PARIKH
Hi Sourav,

I think this os possible via trigger but I have few questions before then..

Let's say your workflow creates 6 Task records for one parent record. How do you distribute the all of these tasks among your 3 users? Does each user gets 2?
Sourav PSourav P
Hi Govind, Thanks.
I think in the Task, the Assigned to can be only one user at a time, so it might not possible to assign one task to all users, similar to a queue ( Isnt it ?), So, I think equal distribution of the task to the agents would be OK.