function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
IT Admin 179IT Admin 179 

Soql CreatedBy.Profile.Name

i All,

How can I retrieve this variable via soql?
CreatedBy.Profile.Name  

// we code the profile name as createBy.ProfileName

IF(CONTAINS(CreatedBy.Profile.Name, "Community"),"Community Programs",IF(CONTAINS(CreatedBy.Profile.Name, "Admissions"),"Admissions",IF(CONTAINS(CreatedBy.Profile.Name, "Transition"),"Transitions",IF(CONTAINS(CreatedBy.Profile.Name, "Marketing"),"Marketing",IF(CONTAINS(CreatedBy.Profile.Name, "Admin"),"Technology","Other")))))
Glyn Anderson 3Glyn Anderson 3
Your question is a little confusing, because you ask about SOQL, but give a formula example.  So hopefully I am answering your question.

The SOQL query, [SELECT Id, CreatedBy.Profile.Name FROM Contact], works just fine.  The field name is "CreatedBy.Profile.Name", just like it is in the formula.  If you want Apex to do what the formula does, here it is:

<pre>
String label =
    record.CreatedBy.Profile.Name.contains( 'Community' )  ?  'Community Programs'
:   record.CreatedBy.Profile.Name.contains( 'Admissions' )  ?  'Admissions'
:   record.CreatedBy.Profile.Name.contains( 'Transition' )  ?  'Transitions'
:   record.CreatedBy.Profile.Name.contains( 'Marketing' )  ?  'Marketing'
:   record.CreatedBy.Profile.Name.contains( 'Admin' )  ?  'Technology'
:   'Other';
</pre>
Did this answer solve your problem?  If so, please mark the question as "Solved".  If not, let me know - I'm happy to help more.  If you solved the problem another way, please post your solution for everyone's benefit.  Thanks!
Do you need any more help with this?  If not, please mark it as "Solved".  You can post your solution as the Best Answer.  Thank you!