function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Lee Anne GLee Anne G 

workflow not firing after update by SOAP API

We have a very simple workflow defind on an Order. If the Status changes, then we have a workflow that changes the "Status as of Date" to Today(). If we change the status through the UI, the workflow fires as expected. 

However, I noticed that if our order Status is updated via SOAP API webservice (from our ERP solution), the Status as of Date doesn't change as expected. 

Everything I've read suggests that the workflow should be firing.

User-added image
User-added image
Alain CabonAlain Cabon
Hi Lee Anne,

When that should work and that doesn't, it is sometimes a problem of incoherent and concurrent updates which finally modify twice (or more) the same field and you just see the final update but that should not be your problem here (no update at all for you).
  • The most interesting is the Workflow Rule Detail page for seeing the rule criteria?
  • status__c can be changed by this field update but also triggers, processes and so on.
  • Only the debug log can show the all steps in detail for complex conccurent processes.
  •  SOAP API webservice (from our ERP solution) : what do you call your ERP solution?
Regards
Lee Anne GLee Anne G
Hi Alain, our ERP solution in this instance is Costpoint, but the service sending the updates is a middle layer that is sending updates using the Partner WSDL (update). I'm wondering if it might just be easier all around to have the update webservice update the Status_as_of_date__c at the same time it updates status__c. :-/