function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Adithya Neelam 19Adithya Neelam 19 

how to restrict case fields in country region

I have a created case in my application and I want to restrict one selection according to the region. Example A is one region they can see all the fields in their region and B is one more region they can see there all the fields in their region but when A Region want to see B region I want to hide few details in case  and when B Region want to see A Region  I want to hide few details in case. 

Please, can anyone help me on this?

HARSHIL U PARIKHHARSHIL U PARIKH
I would say create a two different Page layouts such as "Region A Layout" amd "Region B Layout"

Then put the appropriate fields on them and open up the visibility to appropriate profiles.
Mustafa JhabuawalaMustafa Jhabuawala
Statement 1 - Example A is one region they can see all the fields in their region and B is one more region they can see there all the fields in their region

Solution - This can be handled by creating different layouts.

Statement 2 - but when A Region want to see B region I want to hide few details in case  and when B Region want to see A Region  I want to hide few details in case

Solution - This cannot be handled using layouts. For this you need to create a custom visualforce/lightning page.
Sukanya BanekarSukanya Banekar
HI,
You need to create 2 record type region A and region B with 2 different page layouts for region A and B respectivily. Add fields according to region A and B on their page layouts and assign page layouts to the record types.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,
Sukanya Banekar