function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mukesh guptamukesh gupta 

Salesforce Logout

Hi Expert,

I need to logout salesforce by another website. Can you please confirm about this.

Many Thanks
Mueksh

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Mukesh,

Choose the Logout Page for Salesforce Users:

Direct users to a specific logout destination that maintains your own branding experience after they log out of Salesforce. Or, send them to a specific authentication provider’s page.

Available in: Group, Professional, Enterprise, Unlimited, Performance, and Developer Editions

From Setup, go to Security Controls > Session Settings. Set the Logout Page Settings to provide the URL of the custom logout page. If none is provided, the default is https://login.salesforce.com unless MyDomain is enabled. If My Domain is enabled, the default is https://customdomain.my.salesforce.com.

See Also: Hope this helps.

Please mark this as solved if it's resolved.

Thanks,
Nagendra
mukesh guptamukesh gupta

@Nagendra

Actually I have a e-commerce website and a asp.net webservice. This webservice is mediator between salesforce and e-commerce website. When user press logout in e-commerce website, it send a logout request to webservice. and webservice should call a logout function in salesforce using rest api webmethod.

I have created a connected app in salesforce aund using auth2.0 authentication between salesfroce and webservice.

This logout function logout the curretly logged in user and send true in response.

Please help if this is possible.

Antony GinoAntony Gino
Hi Nagendra, 

We are facing the same problem? is there any other way other than setting it up in the session settings? as applications (Service Provider) using the salesforce as IDP wants to get re-directed back to their home page can this programmatically done using a ret URL or post redirect URI ?