function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Doris Gammenthaler-ViveroDoris Gammenthaler-Vivero 

Can't find Dev Hub

I can't find Dev Hub in my org's Setup search.
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Doris,

Enable the Dev Hub in Your Org:

Enable the Dev Hub in your org so you can create and manage scratch orgs from the command line and Lightning Experience. Scratch orgs are disposable Salesforce orgs to support development and testing.

Log in to your production org (if you’re a customer), your business org (if you’re an ISV), or your trial org as the System Administrator.

From Setup, enter Dev Hub in the Quick Find box and select Dev Hub.

Click Non-GA Service Agreement to read the service agreement.

To enable the Dev Hub, click Enable.

After you enable the Dev Hub, you can’t disable it. If you're using a trial org, Dev Hub is already enabled.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Nagendra
Doris Gammenthaler-ViveroDoris Gammenthaler-Vivero
Maybe I didn't explain myself? If I enter "Dev Hub" in the quick find box, it cannot be found. Therefore I cannot select it. Does it require Lightning? We have not converted to Lightning.
rmcculloughrmccullough
I am having the same problem. When I search for 'Dev Hub' in the Quick Find box of Setup, it does not return anything:Missing "Dev Hub"
Tommy Hogan 3Tommy Hogan 3
I am also seeing the same. Is it only available on certain instances? 
Dave_BoyceDave_Boyce
I'm having the same issue.  I have 2 different orgs which are both Enterprise Edition and the Dev Hub option is available in one but not the other.  Support feedback says since this is a BETA feature the availability isn't gauranteed.  Salesforce support wasn't able to make the feature visuable if I gave them the org ID again since BETA availablity is not gauranteed until released feature.  So for orgs where Dev Hub option isn't available will just have to use a developer edition for the Dev Hub functionality and the Force.com Migration Tool to get the artifact into the org.
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.apexcode.meta/apexcode/apex_deploying_ant.htm

Robert W SRobert W S
I'm also unable to enable the Dev Hub.

When I search for Dev Hub in Setup > Quick Search, I get nothing.
iaestemaniaesteman

Dev Hub is not supported in Developer edition. It is only available in 

Dev Hub available in: Enterprise, Performance, and Unlimited Editions

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.sfdx_setup.meta/sfdx_setup/sfdx_setup_enable_devhub.htm

Shrivaths k 9Shrivaths k 9
Hi, Scratch orgs available in: Developer, Enterprise, Group, and Professional Editions 
So Scratch Org is only available for partner developer only not normal developer edition?
Thanks,
Shrivaths k 9Shrivaths k 9
Not sure if I am missing anything here, is there difference between Scratch org Dev Hub org?
Thanks
Adelchi PelizzoAdelchi Pelizzo

Same here, although SF article says:

• Log in to your Developer Edition, trial, or production org (if you’re a customer), or your business org (if you’re an ISV) as the System Administrator.
  • From Setup, enter Dev Hub in the Quick Find box and select Dev Hub.
  • If you don't see Dev Hub in the Setup menu, make sure your org is one of the supported editions.
  • To enable Dev Hub, click Enable.
  • After you enable Dev Hub, you can’t disable it.
Adelchi PelizzoAdelchi Pelizzo
Here it is >> https://developer.salesforce.com/promotions/orgs/dx-signup
Sanjay Bhati 95Sanjay Bhati 95
Hi All,

Dev hub is only available only in 19 org, So create a new org then you can find it in quick find.
Ajay K DubediAjay K Dubedi
Hi Doris,
To enable Dev Hub in an org:
1.Log in as System Administrator to your Developer Edition, trial, or production org (if you’re a customer), or your business org (if you’re an ISV).
2.From Setup, enter Dev Hub in the Quick Find box and select Dev Hub.
If you don't see Dev Hub in the Setup menu, make sure your org is one of the supported editions.
3.To enable Dev Hub, click Enable.
After you enable Dev Hub, you can’t disable it.

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks,
Ajay Dubedi
Gaurav Sinha 27Gaurav Sinha 27
You can't enable Dev Hub in Sandbox. Check below article.
https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=sf.sfdx_setup_enable_devhub.htm&type=5