function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shiva SFDeveloperShiva SFDeveloper 

What are different events on which we receive Salesforce notifications that appear under the Bell icon and can we configure custom notification as well?

Hi,
I am trying to find the different events upon which we receive notifications under the Bell icon.
User-added image
Some of them I have observed so far is
a. When there are Chatter mentions
b. Approval Request notifications
c. Transaction Security notifications

Q1. Are there any other events upon which we might be receiving the notifications? 

Q2. Can we configure custom notifications to be appearing under the bell? For example, change of status field on a cutom object.  We can configure email alerts using Workflows or Process Builder, but I am also looking if I can be notified in Salesforce, for different events.

Appreciate any pointers. Thanks in advance.

- Shiva
Rahul KumarRahul Kumar (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Shiva,

Please check the trailhead module from trailhead. Hope it will be helpful.

Please mark it as best answer if the information is informative.so that question is removed from an unanswered question and appear as a proper solution.

Thanks
Rahul Kumar
Shiva SFDeveloperShiva SFDeveloper
Thank you for the response @Rahul Kumar. So, Analytics is another place where we can set up notifications. That is helpful.

Any idea if we can actually set up custom notifications as I was asking in Q2.

Thanks,
Shiva
Maria ShumeykoMaria Shumeyko
Hi Shiva,
I have the same Q2 now. Did you  figure out how custom notifications can be done?
Markus KellerMarkus Keller
what you can always do is create a custom chatter post with help of e.g. process builder. If you mention someone in there it will ring the bell for that person. 🔔😉
Gaston Suarez 1Gaston Suarez 1
With Summer 19' Release you can create Custom Notifications using Process Builder!!  First you have to create the Custom Notification Type in setup--> Notifications and then use it in Process Builder specifying the Title, the body, the Target user, and the record where you want to take the user when clicks the notification!! 
Bhavesh Patel 47Bhavesh Patel 47
on click on the body can I open the custom LWC model page?