function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Patrick McClellanPatrick McClellan 

Launch flow with User Input from process

I have two objects:
  • PARENT OBJECT: Results__c, which holds basic info about a certification exam result (user, exam name, date, passed). 
  • CHILD OBJECT: Result_topics__c, which holds exam section topic name and the score achieved. Note that there are different number of result_topic__c records associated with each parent Result__c, depending on which exam it is. That's why it's a separate object, rather than fields in the main object.
When the user creates a new (parent) Result__c, a Process detects the new record and launches a flow to solicit input to create the child records.

The Visual Flow accesses all of the topics related to that particular exam, and then loops through input screens asking the user for the score for that section. Each time the user enters a score and presses NEXT, the Result_Topic__c record is created. At the end of the flow, there's a summary screen. The flow works great on its own.

My problem is this: the Visual Workflow has screen elements, so it won't allow me to save it as Type: Autolaunched Flow, which is a requirement to launch it from an action step in Process Builder.

Is it true that Process Builder can't launch any flow that requests user input?

Am I missing something? Any workaround ideas?