function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Lisa Morris 6Lisa Morris 6 

Pick List Value formula

Hi all! 
I am creating a custom field that will be auto filled based on a formula from another fields pick list value.  I seem to be having issues with my formula and would love to get some help if possible. 

New field name is Est. Downloads Per Episode  wihich will be give he number or a blank value depening ont he pick list value. 

If Flight_Type_Basis__c  is "Episode" or "Episode Maual"  the new field will fill in the number from the field Avg_Downloads_per_Episode__c
but if the pick list value from Flight_Type_Basis__c is "Impression" or "Impression Manual"  the result for the field will be Blank. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated... I have been working on this most of the day. 
Edgar MoranEdgar Moran
Hi Lisa, you can try this:

IF(ISPICKVAL(Flight_Type_Basis__c,'Episode') || ISPICKVAL(Flight_Type_Basis__c,'Episode Maual'),Avg_Downloads_per_Episode__c,
	IF(ISPICKVAL(Flight_Type_Basis__c,'Impression') || ISPICKVAL(Flight_Type_Basis__c,'Impression Manual'),''),'')

Hope it works.

Abhilash Mishra 13Abhilash Mishra 13
Hi Lisa,
Try This formula :-
IF(ISPICKVAL(Flight_Type_Basis__c,'Episode') || ISPICKVAL(Flight_Type_Basis__c,'Episode Manual'),Avg_Downloads_per_Episode__c,
IF(ISPICKVAL(Flight_Type_Basis__c,'Impression') || ISPICKVAL(Flight_Type_Basis__c,'Impression Manual'),'',''))
Since you want blank Value for Impression and Impression Manual, we can simplify this formula to

IF(ISPICKVAL(Flight_Type_Basis__c,'Episode') || ISPICKVAL(Flight_Type_Basis__c,'Episode Manual'),Avg_Downloads_per_Episode__c, '')

PS: I guess Picklist Value is  Episode Manual Not Episode maual.  so I have changed Accordingly.

Regards
Abhilash Mishra
Abhinav Dev01Abhinav Dev01
Hi Lisa,

Please try below formula to acheive your requiremet:
IF(OR(ISPICKVAL(Flight_Type_Basis__c, 'Episode'), ISPICKVAL(Flight_Type_Basis__c, 'Episode Maual')), Avg_Downloads_per_Episode__c, IF(OR(ISPICKVAL(Flight_Type_Basis__c, 'Impression'), ISPICKVAL(Flight_Type_Basis__c, 'Impression Maual')), ''))
Hope, this will help to you.

Regards,
Abhinav
yogesh_sharmayogesh_sharma

Hi Lisa,

Try this one, and I believe this will resolve your issue.

IF((Text(Flight_Type_Basis__c)== 'Episode') || (Text(Flight_Type_Basis__c)=='Episode Manual'), Avg_Downloads_per_Episode__c , 
IF((Text(Flight_Type_Basis__c)=='Impression') || (Text(Flight_Type_Basis__c)=='Impression Manual'),'',''))

I hope it helps you. Please mark this as best answer if it helps you, so that it would be easily searchable for others.

Thanks,

Yogesh Sharma

Abhinav Dev01Abhinav Dev01
Hi Lisa,

You would like to put blank if Flight_Type_Basis__c won't be 'Episode' or 'Episode Manual' then try below formula:
IF(OR(ISPICKVAL(Flight_Type_Basis__c, 'Episode'), ISPICKVAL(Flight_Type_Basis__c, 'Episode Maual')), Avg_Downloads_per_Episode__c, '')
Hope, this will help to you.

Regards,
Abhinav
Lisa Morris 6Lisa Morris 6
Hi all!  Thank you so much for your help!  I was actually able to figure it out with a different type of formula.  Everything seems to be working with this.  Do you see any issues that I might have with this one? 

CASE (TEXT(Flight_Type_Basis__c), 
"Episode", Avg_Downloads_per_Episode_del__c, 
"Episode Manual", Avg_Downloads_per_Episode_del__c, 
NULL 
)
Abhilash Mishra 13Abhilash Mishra 13
Hi Lisa,
Formula is Ok if satisfies your requiremnts.
Please Mark the Question solved by selecting a best answer. so that other can find it easily.

Regards
Abhilash