function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Andres CardonaAndres Cardona 

Looking for a Job as Salesforce Development

Hello to everybody,

This is Andres . I have 5 years of experience as a Java developer,  ( JEE , XML, JavaScript, HTML, Rest and WebService, etc) , I've recently start studing the Salesforce Platform at Trailhead (trailhead.salesforce.com), and I have some quetions:

Could someone tell me which rails or examples I have to follow ? 
I finished this modules: 

Admin Beginner, 
Admin Intermediate
Developer Beginner
Developer Intermediate (in progress.)
Develop for Lightning Experience, (in progress.)

But the point most important is How I could find a Job witho experiance?

Could someone guide me how to find a job ?

Thanks,
Andres

Terri T JilesTerri T Jiles
Hi Andres,

Are you new to the salesforce platform in general?  If so, I recommend you first learn about and take the platform app builder to get a solid understanding of the declarative functionalities.  After you've done that, I suggest moving on to the Platform Developer 1/2 exam to learn about the coding functionality.    Note, Platform App Builder isn't a pre-req for the exams, but it will give you a solid foundation.  Also, if you expire to become a certified Technical Architect, it is required.

I'm recommending you take this approach because:
1. Developing in a multitenant enviornment uses some different design paradiagms then you may be use to.  
2. Also, as a best practice, you'll want to first try to solve business problems using the declarative features of the platform before doing custom development.

You'll learn alot about the platform from preparing for the certifications.  Also, putting the time to obtain the certifications should help you stand out from other candidates.

Please check this for more resources https://secure.sfdcstatic.com/assets/pdf/misc/sfu-certification-guide-summer-16.pdf  on how to prepare for the exams.  Good luck!
Andres CardonaAndres Cardona
Thanks Terri T Jiles I underestan the approach now I know the path , but I think  this will take time until find a job.

Regards