function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Esther Thacker 6Esther Thacker 6 

Saleforce Platform License Permissions

I have a human resources user on my org that only needs access to Contacts, Reports, and Documents. So I figured that the Salesforce Platform license would be sufficient for her user role. I set her up with all the user permissions and such necessary for her role, but it won't let her access the reports that she needs to access. It is literally just one report so she can determine how much to pay the sales people according to opportunities they have closed won. It says she has insufficient privileges. I am guessing it's because a Salesforce Platform User doesn't have access to Opportunities and the report she needs to access has opportunities in it. Is there no way around this? I really don't want to give her a full user license when she really only needs access to that one report, but it's starting to look like that will have to be the case with how Salesforce is set up... I have looked at the other licenses and Salesforce Platform is the closest to our HR user's needs accept for not having access to Opportunities in a report. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can do?
Best Answer chosen by Esther Thacker 6
DavidSCDavidSC
Hi Esther,
Yes, you're right, it's because of license "SF Platform" that includes Custom apps only; no CRM.
Custom apps are apps developed in your organization or installed from the Force.com AppExchange.  Can use core platform functionality such as accounts, contacts, reports, dashboards, documents, and custom tabs.  Can NOT use forecasts and opportunities.

How many users are impacted by this scenario?
  • Some dozens or hundreds of users? then you could create a custom object and use Apex code to replicate data from Opportunity to custom object like a mirrow. Then create Reports for custom obejct. Configure permissions for profiles that are granted to custom object.
  • Few users are impacted? then I would recommend to use full license "Salesforce", you will get a better return on investment and more efficient processes in Salesforce.
Hope it helps,
If so, please mark it as solved.
David

All Answers

DavidSCDavidSC
Hi Esther,
Yes, you're right, it's because of license "SF Platform" that includes Custom apps only; no CRM.
Custom apps are apps developed in your organization or installed from the Force.com AppExchange.  Can use core platform functionality such as accounts, contacts, reports, dashboards, documents, and custom tabs.  Can NOT use forecasts and opportunities.

How many users are impacted by this scenario?
  • Some dozens or hundreds of users? then you could create a custom object and use Apex code to replicate data from Opportunity to custom object like a mirrow. Then create Reports for custom obejct. Configure permissions for profiles that are granted to custom object.
  • Few users are impacted? then I would recommend to use full license "Salesforce", you will get a better return on investment and more efficient processes in Salesforce.
Hope it helps,
If so, please mark it as solved.
David

This was selected as the best answer
Esther Thacker 6Esther Thacker 6
Thanks for answering my question and providing some alternate solutions. It's not quite what I was hoping for but I guess with the limitations of Salesforce it's the best I'm going to get.

Thanks,

Esther