function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Akshay KalariaAkshay Kalaria 

I installed the data.com assessment app but Trailhead won't recognize it.

I installed the data.com assessment app but Trailhead won't recognize it. 
User-added image

Here is the challenge:

Install the Data.com Assessment App
Your VP of sales wants a 360-degree view of all the company’s accounts. Before you provide any reports, you want to assess the quality of your data. Install the Data.com Assessment App from the AppExchange, and review the results to determine the quality of the data.
Install the Data.com Assessment App into your Developer Edition, following the instructions provided in this unit.

Rhonda WatsonRhonda Watson
I am having the exact same problem. The App installed on my 'trial version' but not my Trailhead Playground so my challenge is failing. 
When I attempt to log into the Developer version (the trial version) I get an error message per attached. Even when I go into AppExchanger from my Trailhead instance, it installs on the Trial Version...help! 

User-added image
Rahul_kumar123Rahul_kumar123
Hi Rhonda Watson,

The above statement clearly says that you need developer edition to take trailhead challenges you cannot use your sandbox or production org for this.

And if you are using DE org and you are getting this message, then I would suggest you log out of all the accounts and log in again and also clear your browser cookies and history.
 OR
Another solution would try it in a different browser.

If any of the above solutions does not resolve your problem, then please reach trailhead@salesforce.com.

Please feel free to contact me if you need any further information.

Thanks
RahulKumar
Thanks, Rahul,

I didn't see your message until afterwards. Another user on another thread had recommended resetting my password for my Trailhead Salesforc account. I have two Salesforce instances - the one linked to my Trailhead training modules and another that expires in 24 days. The data.com assessment was loading into the 'trial version' of Salesforce not my Trailhead version. I had to log out of everything, log into Trailhead and launch my Trailhead account. From there I followed the steps that were provided in another thread for resetting my password and copying my username over so I could install into the right instance of Production.

Somehow a miracle occurred and it worked! :) 

Thanks,
Rhonda
Greg LloydGreg Lloyd
Hi Rhonda, can you please share the link to the other thread with the instructions for resetting password, etc>?

Thank you...Greg
Rhonda Watson 1Rhonda Watson 1
Here's one of the posts that I used. You will need to navigate to the URL:

Hi Chloe Orcher,

This happens while installing the App if you are giving DE credentials.To install the App in the trailhead playground, you need to provide trailhead playground credentials.Please refer below link on how to get credentials of trailhead playground.

https://force.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2659738-how-to-get-a-password-for-my-trailhead-playground?b_id=13478

Hope this helps you!Please let me know If you need further help.

Please mark it as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution.

Thanks and Regards