function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Felipe Reis 8Felipe Reis 8 

How to use GIT with Salesforce?

Hello guys!

I'm new here. I did read a lot of articles about git and etc with salesforce but I can't understand how my flow could work.

Here at my enterprise, we have 8 devs that will work with salesforce. In all our projects, we have been using git and each dev has your own dev env in a local machine.

I can't understand how I can archive something like this with salesforce. 

I want to have a dev env for each dev in my enterprise and use git. Cause a guy that is helping us said that sometimes they do something and another person do something in the same code and who saved last that will persist.. so we need to be carefull to not lose our code.

This is bad, really bad.. I need to controle this and see conflicts, merge and commit to avoid losing data.

Any help?
But how devs will test the code? They will have to use the same project? If I did understand, git will only be used to keep a copy of my code.. but if I send something and another dev sends something too, the last commit we'll be used. We will work in the same code ou file cause the last dev to send changes will overwrite any previous changes.
Devs will never be able to edit the same file and see the changes in real time. Right?