function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jonny SimmoJonny Simmo 

Should a company with Salesforce always have a Salesforce Team?

Hello there,

Interested in peoples thoughts on whether it is essential for a company with Salesforce to always have a Salesforce dedicated team.

My company have recently disbanded thier Salesforce team and placed the members in various project teams, the theory being that each project team will have a Salesforce skill set. However, it does leave the question open of who is responsible for managing and monitoring the Saleforce application as a whole?

Anybody had a similar experience?
Any thoughts?

Best Answer chosen by Jonny Simmo
RbnRbn
Hi Jonny,

Interesting Question !!!

To answer your question, it depends on the Projects you are handling and the clients for whom you are working for.

With a dedicated team in place:
  • Deliverables can be quick
  • Responsibilities can be clearly defined.
  • Trust and the confidence of the client on the team increases.
Most of the time resources ramp down happens , but disbanding a salesforce team all together is kind of a rare phenomenon.

Again as i said it all depends on the project and Clients.

Regrds,
Rabindranath

All Answers

RbnRbn
Hi Jonny,

Interesting Question !!!

To answer your question, it depends on the Projects you are handling and the clients for whom you are working for.

With a dedicated team in place:
  • Deliverables can be quick
  • Responsibilities can be clearly defined.
  • Trust and the confidence of the client on the team increases.
Most of the time resources ramp down happens , but disbanding a salesforce team all together is kind of a rare phenomenon.

Again as i said it all depends on the project and Clients.

Regrds,
Rabindranath
This was selected as the best answer
Jonny SimmoJonny Simmo
Hi Rabindranath,

In my mind it is not the right thing to do, but I think we will probably manage with collaboration between the scrum teams. However, it does make it difficult to oversee Salesforce overall sometimes.

Brooke HarperBrooke Harper
Wow! I agree with Rabindranath, this is a very interesting question. I do think that it does depend on the projects and clients that you have. It's a lot easier to have a dedicated team, however, if the demand is no longer as big, the team might scale down. So I guess, it's a great idea as long as you consider the pros and cons.
Jennifer McDermottJennifer McDermott
Definitely! Who if not sales representative can advise on products you have, who will be a good advisor to people? I believe that support representatives are crucial to the company. Clients need to be assisted in their needs. Many of customets do not go for serious purchase because they are afraid to buy the wrong pruduc. For example, custom essay writing service (http://customwritingcompany.com/) has its sales team, why would you think of not having them?