function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Anil IngleAnil Ingle 

Accounts Missing Organization Feature: Account.Sharing

Hi All

I have created a managed package from Developer Org for Beta testing. This package is working fine on the Partner Enterprice Edition. Now, I want to test same package on Partner Professional to check if package works fine there or not.

When I try to install, I am getting following exception.

This app can't be installed.
There are problems that prevent this package from being installed.
Accounts Missing Organization Feature: Account.Sharing

Here is the screen shot of it.

User-added imageMy question is that, how to resolve this error to support Partner Professional Edition.

Thank 
you
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Anil,

You need to create at least one record type on the following object.
  • Missing Organization Feature: Account.Sharing.
Your package must include references to the features above which is why these are required to be enabled before installing the package.

Please let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Nagendra.
Anil IngleAnil Ingle
Hi Nagendra

Thanks for quick reply. How can I find the Account.Sharing object in my Developer Edition?
I compared the Enterprice Edition and Profession Edition and I found following.

Enterprise Edition
It has two Record Type under the Account. Those properly reflecting our app namespace.

Professional Edition
It dont have any Record Type under the Account. I created one myself refering to Enterprice Edition and tried to Install but install is not working. What differece I can see here is, professional edition dont have my namespace prefix and there is no way to insert namespace prefix.

How tell my package to create this records automatically while installation because, I can not ask every customer to give me login access and I will create two records type there?

There must be some process may be I a not aware about it.

Thank you
Anil

Rolan ShkolnikRolan Shkolnik
'Account.Sharing' in the error message is confusing.
To solve this error you must create one active record type for the object Account.

Ozzie_BradOzzie_Brad
Hi all

Could you please explain this a little clearer

Hi Rolan, can you explain a bit clearer - I am also having this issue when trying to install a new app.

I have account sharing rules set up.

User-added image

Also, I have an actve record type for the object Account

User-added image
Rolan ShkolnikRolan Shkolnik
I will explain in detail:
I created a new Development Org which had no Account Record Types in it.
While istalling a package - i received the error message described in the original questoin.
I created one active record type on account, and only then the installation succeeded. 
After the installation I changed the record type to inactive and deleted it.

Since you already have an active record type, I guess there is another cause for this message. 
I would try changing the Account Sharing setting:
Setup > Security Controls > Sharing Settings > Organization-Wide Defaults > Account
You can try all the options: Private, Public Read/Write, Public Read Only

Meghna Gupta 15Meghna Gupta 15
Hi Ozzie_Brad , Were you able to resolve this issue?
Eric Gasparotto 18Eric Gasparotto 18
You just need to change the Account sharing mode to private. Public accounts don't need to be "shared", so this object doesn't exist. If you change to private, Salesforce creates this sharing object.