function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Seraphina FerraroSeraphina Ferraro 

Two Salesforce Dev Orgs

Hi all,

So it looks like last year when I created my Dev Org account, I managed to create two. Because I am a genius. This is the first time that it has given me any issues and I would appreciate any assisstance you could give me.

I am on the last of the Beginner Admin trails "Extending Reports using the AppExchange." The problem that I am running into is that the AppExchange continually logs me in to the wrong Dev Org account, which means I cannot complete the trail. I have tried logging out of SF, the Trailheads, and the Exchange, and even had my computer forget all passwords associated with those accounts, but it keeps happening whenever I log in.

Any help that you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance.

P.S. I am also sending an email to Salesforce Support, but thought this might be a faster way to get a response.
EldonEldon
Is it asking you to enter username and password or directly logging in when you click login button? If directly logging in you should try trailhead from a different browser. 
Seraphina FerraroSeraphina Ferraro
@Eldon Thanks for the suggestion! It still didn't work. It seems like the AppExchange is somehow set to install in the one account rather than the other no matter what I do. Is there a way to change the settings in that regard?
Maxence LEFEBVREMaxence LEFEBVRE
Hello Seraphina,

Is your second Dev Org a Trailhead Playground ? You can check its type in https://trailhead.salesforce.com/users/profiles/settings.

My advice for you should be to create a new Trailhead Playground.
  • On your challenge you should see "Launch your hands-on org".
  • Click on the caret on the side and choose "Create a Trailhead Playground" from the dropdown list.
  • Wait a few minutes for the creation of your new org
  • Once done, select your new "My Trailhead Playground" entry from aforementionned dropdown and "Launch your hands-on org"
Now we will be creating a new Password for your org
  • Go to Setup on your new org
  • Select "Reset users' passwords"
  • Find the right ligne corresponding to your account. Notice it has a different username than your trailhead account (for example, seraphina.ferraro@brave-badger-123456).
  • Copy this Username
  • Check the checkbox at the start of the line and hit "Reset Password(s)" button
You should receive an email to your trailhead email address to reset your password. Do so.

Now back to Trailhead, go back on your challenge
  • On the dropdown list you displayed by clicking the right caret, select "Log into a Developer Edition"
  • Log in using the specific username you copied earlier (for example seraphina.ferraro@brave-badger-123456) and the password you chose during an earlier step
  • You will have to accept some authorizations from trailhead to look into your org, etc..
  • Now on the dropdown list, select this new entry which should be named after the username you used to log in (seraphina.ferraro@brave-badger-123456). 
On AppExchange, logout and login, this time using the new credentials you made : <seraphina.ferraro@brave-badger-123456 / your password>

Everything should be fine now !