function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DeveloperDeveloper 

I want to create an "API Only" user but can't find the checkbox to do that. I can see "API Enabled" as one of the checkboxes on the profile and permission set pages but I think that's different. How can I create an API only user ?

Best Answer chosen by Developer
Akhil AnilAkhil Anil

Hi Gopal,

There is an option called "API only" below "API enabled" in profile. You won't see this option if you are looking at a Developer edition. It's shown only in the Enterprise edition and above. Yeah, you will also see it if you have a Developer edition that's spawned out of an enterprise edition but NOT in a brand new Developer edition.

This permission basically restricts that user from logging into Salesforce through the Standard UI.

Hope that helps !

All Answers

Akhil AnilAkhil Anil

Hi Gopal,

There is an option called "API only" below "API enabled" in profile. You won't see this option if you are looking at a Developer edition. It's shown only in the Enterprise edition and above. Yeah, you will also see it if you have a Developer edition that's spawned out of an enterprise edition but NOT in a brand new Developer edition.

This permission basically restricts that user from logging into Salesforce through the Standard UI.

Hope that helps !

This was selected as the best answer
DeveloperDeveloper
Thank u for giving reply.

i have one more quary , field dependence working fine in dev, but not in sit.
when select on open option there is no drop down list.this is the issue.
when select on closed option its working fine.

please help me

thank u