function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Viraj MViraj M 

Can i see underlying data in sales cloud graphical report?

Can i see underlying data in sales cloud pie or bar char report?
Best Answer chosen by Viraj M
Andrew EchevarriaAndrew Echevarria
Not with the built in pie chart. Totall understand your frustration, but if you create a new pie chart via Visualforce + chart HTML/JS library, you can make create a pie chart that meets your needs :) I was able to create charts that do all sorts of cool things!

All Answers

You should be able to change it to a chart instead of a pie/bar temporarily to check data. Otherwise, maybe duplicate the report in chart format?
Viraj MViraj M

Thanks,

I am talking about actual underlying data which helps to construct Pie Diagram. Example  sales profit  in Euro Region is 80 % and Asia is 20% . My Base data consits of sales numbers, country and region. I have pie chart report based on  Region. But when i click  on Asia region section, can i see underlying base data?
Not with the built in pie chart. Totall understand your frustration, but if you create a new pie chart via Visualforce + chart HTML/JS library, you can make create a pie chart that meets your needs :) I was able to create charts that do all sorts of cool things!
This was selected as the best answer
Viraj MViraj M
Thanks for the quick reponse :). So you mean i have to use custom JS libarary to build this pie chart
Yes! VF Is great because you can use HTML + JS to build any chart you want. I've done it. Give it a try and let me know how it goes! Otherwise, I hope I answered your question 
Viraj MViraj M
Thanks a lot. It was very much helpfull Andrew :)

I have few other questions if you are free can you answer . I would be really appreciate it

1) Can i do complex calulations with Salesforce object for millions of data. If yes, How good it is in terms of performance when compare to Database Stored Procs

2)  How much it is good with data integration process ? 

1) Hmm if it doesn't exceed governor limits I don't see why not. I haven't done something like this for over a million records to be honest.

2) Do you mean the JS library? As long as you you do all the calculations in Apex and just pass simple variables like Decimals, then the integration is fine. 

Hope this answers your questions. If not, I'd recommend posting new questions as new questions as others may be able to help too. Don't forget to mark as solved!
Viraj MViraj M