function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CalaveroCalavero 

Developer Console wont save

Hi,

while working with the developer console today it suddenly would stop saving any files.
In most cases it just states "Saving" forever.

After googeling the error i have tried to create a new workspace and delete the old one with no effect.
I can create and edit Visualforce Pages using setup. But when i'm trying to save a class it says "Organization Administration Locked
The changes you requested require salesforce.com to temporarily lock your organization's administration setup. However, the administration setup has already been locked by another change. Please wait for the previous action to finish, then try again later."

I get a similiar mesage when trying to work with Eclipse.

I have also used the function "Cancel all Deployments" from within the Progress Tab in the Developer Console.

Any Ideas how i could fix this?

Reagrds

Calavero

SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Did you check the below document

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000004045&language=en_US&type=1

And also below links

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9491229/salesforce-stuck-in-organization-administration-locked-state-after-using-apex-te

If these does not solve your problem you should raise a case with support.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya
CalaveroCalavero
Hi Sandhya,

thanks for the links but i was not performing any apex tests. 
But anywhere its good to know.
After reloging today it seems that the problem went away as sudden as it appeared.
So i guess it was a kind of server issue that resolved after the queue got resolved.

Regards

Calavero
Puneet Kaur 11Puneet Kaur 11
Hi Calavero,

I also faced the same issue and found the solution myself. Below is the solution:-

1. In Developer console window, right click on window and click "Reload".
2. Window will be reloaded and we can see the changes saved after reloading the window.

Please mark this answer as best answer (in case it fix your issue) to help other people on this forum.

Regards
Puneet
Thomas KlusonThomas Kluson
@Puneet: Thank you for that solution, works perfectly for me.
Yasantha ParanamannaYasantha Paranamanna
I am new to Salesforce and I'm getting the same issue in developer console while making changes to a 'Visualforce Page'. I wonder whether there's any permanent solution for this.
@Puneeth: This is the only solution I found so far. Thank you!