function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Howard Jove 18Howard Jove 18 

Quantity (#) field doesn't exist in Trailhead's Wave for module Wave Desktop Exploration

In 'Analyze Your Data Over Time' in the Wave Desktop Exploration module, it says to Measure the sum of quantity (#) by chaning the Measure: Count of Rows to Sum of #. However, the # field does not exist so I cannot change it to this. Any help?

The Wave org was obtained through developer.salesforce.com/promotions/orgs/wave-de
Best Answer chosen by Howard Jove 18
Chris DuarteChris Duarte
Issue resolved. Please sign up for a new Wave Developer Edition to complete the challenges. You can find the Wave Developer Edition signup in this unit: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/wave_analytics_basics/units/wave_start_surfing_the_wave under the topic: Try Wave Analytics with a Developer Edition org

Again, my apologies for this issue.

All Answers

Suanne MclellanSuanne Mclellan
I see the same issue -  are there any replies to this?
michaellmichaell
Yes, I've had the same issue here as well!  
Rick KnappRick Knapp
Same Problem here as well.  Sigh
Chris DuarteChris Duarte
The hands-on challenges for Wave Desktop Exploration and Wave Mobile Exploration are not currently working as expected. We have a fix in the pipeline. ETA for release is 2/14. I apologize for the inconvenience. Please hold off on these modules until 2/15. I'll reply to this thread once the fix is live. Again, my apologies.
Christopher M. BruceChristopher M. Bruce
Ahh....makes sense now! I was wondering why this wasn't working and then began to think maybe I have to modify the Dataset or write my own SAQL to pull in the Sum of #. Will await 2/15!
Chris DuarteChris Duarte
Yes, it's not you, Chirstopher, it's us. Again, my apologies.
Chris DuarteChris Duarte
Christopher not Chirstopher. As someone who consistently gets her name spelled Chirs, you'd think I wouldn't make this mistake. :)
Chris, FYI I tweeted the Trailhead team as well.....disregard. Thank you!
LOL!! I have been called worse! Thank you Chris!
Chris DuarteChris Duarte
Issue resolved. Please sign up for a new Wave Developer Edition to complete the challenges. You can find the Wave Developer Edition signup in this unit: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/wave_analytics_basics/units/wave_start_surfing_the_wave under the topic: Try Wave Analytics with a Developer Edition org

Again, my apologies for this issue.
This was selected as the best answer
Cool, thank you Chris!!! You all still rock!! *Chris Bruce* *Salesforce.com Certified Consultant* *Coastal Cloud* Mobile: +1 (386) 793.4575 Email: christopher.bruce@coastalcloud.us Web: www.coastalcloud.us [image: Visit us on Facebook] [image: Visit us on LinkedIn] [image: Visit us on Twitter]