function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sagar MadkaikarSagar Madkaikar 

Checklist(Questionnaire) Functionality in Salesforce

Hi I have a requirement form my client in which they need to set up a Questionnaire(Checklist) Functionality for Cases.

The scenario is:

1. The Supervisors of the Org will be creating some set of Questionnaires(Combination of Checkbox & Text type of questions) for the agents to use it and attach on a particular case.

2. On the Case detail Page, there will be a custom button which will open a VF page and the page will show List of Questionnaires created in the above step.

3. The Agent will select any one Questionnaire from the List and all the Questions in that Questionnaire will be displayed.

4. Agent will fill those questions in the Questionnaire and save it and that Questionnaire will get attached to that Case with answers.

5. The Supervisors should be able to  edit the set of Questionnaire i.e. they can increase or decrease the number of Questions in any 1 Questionnaire.

I would like to know how will be the architecture for this requirement. Like how many custom objects we should create for this etc.

Please post cmments if you have any idea on this one.

Regards,
Sagar

Best Answer chosen by Sagar Madkaikar
RD@SFRD@SF
Hi Sagar,

Solution 1 : If have time to build and develop
Objects:

I propose to use two objects,
Questionnaire and Question.

Record type:
Question might have different record types depending on type of question.(A check box question or a String answer type question).

Now one can create questions and tie them to a questionnaire. The questionnaire can be tied to agents through a lookup.
The question object would be tied to the questionnaire through a lookup oe master details base don requirement.

This way number of question can be increased or decreased.

Solution 2 : Need a quick fix

Just add a rich text fields with br() tags to list the questions and another for the answers on the agent record, check box questions can be answered as yes/no.
Any number of questionnaire can be created and any number of questions can be added or removed.

Hope it helps
RD

All Answers

Sagar MadkaikarSagar Madkaikar
User-added image
RD@SFRD@SF
Hi Sagar,

Solution 1 : If have time to build and develop
Objects:

I propose to use two objects,
Questionnaire and Question.

Record type:
Question might have different record types depending on type of question.(A check box question or a String answer type question).

Now one can create questions and tie them to a questionnaire. The questionnaire can be tied to agents through a lookup.
The question object would be tied to the questionnaire through a lookup oe master details base don requirement.

This way number of question can be increased or decreased.

Solution 2 : Need a quick fix

Just add a rich text fields with br() tags to list the questions and another for the answers on the agent record, check box questions can be answered as yes/no.
Any number of questionnaire can be created and any number of questions can be added or removed.

Hope it helps
RD

This was selected as the best answer