function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nuevo9763Nuevo9763 

Custom picklist field not showing the new value added

I added a new value to an existing custom field which is of type picklist on contact object. Now if I create a new contact I can see the new value in picklist. But if I want to edit an existing contact record and assign the new value, I do not see that value in picklist. I checked for any workflow rules and apex code is not controlling the values that appear in picklist. Does anyone know why? Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
MK7

Best Answer chosen by Nuevo9763
Joshua Long 10Joshua Long 10
User-added image

All Answers

Sounds like you need to check record types.
Nuevo9763Nuevo9763
Hi Joshua, can you please elaborate a little more?
Yes, sorry.

Under setup > Customize > Contacts > Record Types. If there are any listed here you will need to clicik the name of each Record Type then click Edit next to the name of the field you added the value to.

You will then be able to add the new value to a list of available values. 

User-added image
This was selected as the best answer
Nuevo9763Nuevo9763
Thanks so much Joshua!
Asim RiazAsim Riaz
 Go to the Record Type settings for the standard Kids Clothes Wholesale (https://www.asiaheavens.com/en/kids-clothes-wholesale/) and custom objects. Click on the record type and you'll see the "Picklists Available for Editing" section. From there you should be able to add the new picklist values.
Baya AdamBaya Adam
My articles  is a writer’s community which provides you a guest posting service for for your website no matter which niche does your your website belongs from.
You are warmly welcome to signup and share your stories to all over the world. Follow your favorite writers, create groups, forums, chat, and much much more!

Jessica RidgewayJessica Ridgeway
@joshua long 10 thank you! This really helped me too.