function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vijay NagarathinamVijay Nagarathinam 

Unable to tunnel through proxy. Proxy returns "HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable" 

Hi,

I am getting the below exception while I call my web service class.

Unable to tunnel through proxy. Proxy returns "HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable

Please let me know how to resolve this issue

Thanks,
Vijay

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Vijay,

This is a firewall issue where your web service is hosted.  When a request to the web service is made from Salesforce, it expects the response returned by the web service to come from the same IP address as when the request was made.  In our case, our IT had configured the firewall so that incoming request was going through one IP address, but outgoing response was going through another IP address.  Definitely, check with your IT to figure out a solution.  One possibility is to put the server hosting the web service outside of the firewall.

Regards,
Nagendra.

Simon WalkerSimon Walker
Hello 
We are having exactly the same problem. Have you managed to resolve this? In our case our network team are reporting that they are not recieving any traffic to the external firewall when this occurs. The problem is intermittant and happens about 30% of the time.

Regards

Simon 
Nikhil Sharma 77Nikhil Sharma 77
@Nagendra - If you are copying pasting a response from some other threads, the least you can do is mention about the original thread. I hope you get it. 
The original message from where you copied the response is present @https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F00000008ju8IAA