function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
harsha B R 9harsha B R 9 

Related List in Events

Hi All,

I have created a custom object which has a Master detail relationship with Standard Salesforce Event.I am unable to add the custom object as the related list to the Standard Event object.Please let me know the procedure.

Thanks & Regards,
Harsha BR

Thanks & Regards,
Harsha BR
Suraj SinghSuraj Singh
Try this,
Click Your Name | Setup | Create | Objects.
Click Edit to modify an existing custom object.
Check the "Allow Activities" checkbox under Optional Features.
harsha B R 9harsha B R 9
Thanks Suraj for your response.

I need custom object records to be displayed as the related list on the Event records.
Check the "Allow Activities" checkbox under Optional Features will make Events to display as the related list under the custom object but I want the other way round.
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Harsha,

Please find the same in below example for case object.

In case your basic requirement is just to bring the object in the related list of case, then you can add in the custom object a new custom field which is a lookup to case object, then you will get a related list of the custom object associated with the case object, which you can add to the case layout either as you are creating the new custom field(look up to case) of the custom object or you can later add the related list to the case layout from the page layout.

Please let us know if this helps.

Best Regards,
Nagendra.
harsha B R 9harsha B R 9
Hi Nagendra,

Thanks for the response.

Adding Custom object as the related list to the case object works.

Please confirm/explain the procedure to add the custom object as the related list to the EVENT object.

Thanks & Regards,
Harsha BR
Chetan PradhanChetan Pradhan
Hi @harsha, were you able to find a way of adding custom related list to event?