function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rv90rv90 

Hide a Section on Satandard pageLayout based on Picklist Value

Is it possible to hide a section on the standard pagelayout based on the picklist selection, For suppose in the below picture 

If i have selected the region as YES in the picklist then it should show the REGION DETAILS section and if the REGION is selected as NO the the REGION DETAILS SECTION Should be hidden.

Please help.

User-added image
Best Answer chosen by rv90
Joseph DindingerJoseph Dindinger
You can't do this, but it is a good feature for the roadmap of our "Highlighter" AppExchange app.  I'll add it.  :)

All Answers

pkpnairpkpnair
You can do this in Lightning. But not in classic.
pkpnairpkpnair
Why dont you just introuduce a dependant picklist that has all these fields? These fields would be grayed out when the values is NOT yes.
rv90rv90
Thanks for the response Pk, But the thing is none of the field are picklist except one. They are text field and even there is a check box. So the dependent picklist option wouldnt work.

RD@SFRD@SF
Hi Ravitej

Try using different record types
Create two record types say "Region" and "Non region".
You can have different pagelayouts, which can help you with page layouts

This way you would have to select the type before in a picklist.

Hope it helps
RD
rv90rv90
HI RD. 

I dont want to achieve this by changing page layout and record type. Any other solution to fix this would be helpful. 

Regards 
Ravi 

RD@SFRD@SF
Hm, Are you open for visual force and apex, cause using just standard layout it is not possible.
Using VF page would help to rerender the page based on the picklist.

let me know if that works for you
RD 
rv90rv90
No i cannot implement VF page instead of Standard page. I know that Visual  page and Apex can help me fic the issue but my requirement is that to solve this by using Standard Page layout. 

Joseph DindingerJoseph Dindinger
You can't do this, but it is a good feature for the roadmap of our "Highlighter" AppExchange app.  I'll add it.  :)
This was selected as the best answer
chandra sekhar 200chandra sekhar 200
@rv90 did you found any solutions?
Any answers for this question please reply how we can achieve this in standard page layout. please post your suggestions

Thanks
@rv90 did you found any solution in lightning please reply?
Any answers for this question please reply how we can achieve this in standard page layout in lightning. please post your suggestions

Thanks
@pkpnair as per your answer  said that You can do this in Lightning. But not in classic.
How we can acheive this in lightning please let me know?
please your suggestions are always welcome

Thanks!!

pkpnairpkpnair
May be this helps:  https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=lightning_page_components_visibility.htm
Thanks for your reply
But that is for component based visibility and that wont work for hide and show section.
I want to show and hide particular section on layout based on picklist value.

Thanks!!