function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ameya Desai 1Ameya Desai 1 

What should be the architecture in Salesforce for Jira integration?

I want to know the design in salesforce (custom, no managed package) as we want to integrate to JIRA using Boomi. Below are the requirements:

1. Need to have Jira number /reference in case details.
2. Need a related list to have Jira number, Jira Status, Owner of the Jira and Subject to displayed in service cloud.
3. Change of status in Jira to be updated in service cloud and vice a versa
4. Post the feed in service cloud when Jira is updated.

I know i have to create custom object and define lookup relationship with case object.  What else should i consider in design? can i achive the above requirements using OOB functionality?  if not all where will i need apex? Please help this is my first assignment to design a solution. 

GauravGargGauravGarg
Hi Ameya,

You can follow below steps to achieve this:
  1. Custom Object (Jira) in relationship with Case (lookup)
  2. Add related list on Case page layout, with all the fields need to be displayed (Jira number, Jira Status, Owner of the Jira and Subject)
  3. Status update in Jira and SFDC will need to be reflected both the side, need proper integration from both side. 
  4. Need Integration to show Feeds in jira, that need to be mapped with Case Feed. 
  5. If you business flow works on Email-functionality. Then need to design Email Deliverability accordingly. 
Required apex in case Business need to have any changes to be flowed in Case or Jira on Jira comments or status change. That will need to be take care by developer's. 

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more insight on this. We have developed the same functionaltiy in our client project. You can directly contact me on below details. 

Thanks
Gaurav
Ameya Desai 1Ameya Desai 1
Gaurav,

Thanks for the help. Can you give me your contact information so that i can reach you for more information.

Thanks,
Ameya
GauravGargGauravGarg
Hi Ameya,

Please contact me on skype: gaurav62990

Thanks,
Gaurav