function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ishesh somani 6ishesh somani 6 

What is a method for adding content to Salesforce CRM content?

What is a method for adding content to Salesforce CRM content? (2 answers)
a.            Attachments
b.            Chatter files
c.             Libraries
d.            Documents

Best Answer chosen by ishesh somani 6
Nishad KNishad K
Documents is the original way to store files in Salesforce. Many of the original features of Salesforce (email templates, application logos, etc.) will only reference files in the documents tab. No sharing mechanism, but files can be exposed for public consumption. Allows for replacement of a document, but no version control. Access is controlled by folders.

All Answers

Nishad KNishad K
Hi ishesh,

b. Chatter files
you can upload a file and store it privately until you're ready to share it. Share the file with coworkers and groups to collaborate and get feedback. Attach files to posts in a Chatter feed on the Home tab, Chatter tab, a profile, a record, or a group. Users with access to Salesforce Files Sync can access, sync, and share files in their Salesforce Files Sync folder.

d. Documents
Store Web resources, such as, logos, DOT files, and other Visualforce materials in folders without attaching them to records.

See the difference:
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=collab_files_differences.htm&type=0

Regards,

ishesh somani 6ishesh somani 6
Hi Nishad,

The link you attached tells the diffrence between  Between Files, Salesforce CRM Content, Salesforce Knowledge, Documents, and Attachments but not the method

I am sure about chatter files but not sure about the other option 
Nishad KNishad K
Documents is the original way to store files in Salesforce. Many of the original features of Salesforce (email templates, application logos, etc.) will only reference files in the documents tab. No sharing mechanism, but files can be exposed for public consumption. Allows for replacement of a document, but no version control. Access is controlled by folders.
This was selected as the best answer
Waqar Hussain SFWaqar Hussain SF
Correct answer is Chatter Files and Documents. Both data is stored in content document object salesforce.  Attachments are added in attachmenet standard object.
jonghoon baejonghoon bae
I agree with the anwsers b,d, but I don't know about library. Why not?? Library has a function to upload your files!!! Does anybody know the reason?
Benjamin Moore 10Benjamin Moore 10
Publish files to libraries by uploading them from your computer, contributing them from your private library to a shared library, or sharing them from Chatter.
Mohd Zeeshan 3Mohd Zeeshan 3
Answer is - Chatter Files and Libraries.

Document is not tthe tthe part of Salesforce CRM content.
Please refer documents in Salesforce Help.
Arjun OtturuArjun Otturu
The Answer I understand are Attachments and Chatter files. Documents and Librabries contribute to Salesforce Knowledge content. Please correct me if you feel any different
Andrii BoikoAndrii Boiko
b,c
Libraries is almost a definition of SF CRM Content
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=content_about.htm&type=5
RenoirRenoir
@andrii is correct, see:
https://resources.docs.salesforce.com/202/latest/en-us/sfdc/pdf/salesforce_content_implementation_guide.pdf

"Uploading new or revised files in Salesforce CRM Content is fast and easy. During the upload process you choose a library and record
type for your file or Web link, write a description, assign one or more tags, and fill out any customized fields that help categorize and
define your content."

Bob DrakeBob Drake
Hi! When I needed to attach content, I did it with the help of documents, the guys from  Magicforce recommended it. I found them when was looking for the information about how to pass salesforce security testing (https://magicforce.co/blog/how-to-pass-salesforce-appexchange-security-review/). They helped me solve this problem, and assisted me in other issues.
Amith RaoAmith Rao
Hi! After doing the detail study i come to the conclusion that B and C is the right answer according to the definition of Salesforce CRM content.

Definition of Salesforce Crm content says " Publish and share the official files with the coworkers and deliver them to the customers ".

The Contribution of files through libraries are carried with Shared libraries or private libraries .
Where the sharing is done through Chatter files from the salesforce content method(Select the file from salesforce).

So Chatter files and Libraries fulfills the content method of Salesforce CRM content.User-added image