function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Dennis Borders 3Dennis Borders 3 

I am trying to display an icon on a Case List View

Hi, I am trying to display an icon on a Case List View based on "Status=Held for Customer."  The "Status" field is a picklist.  I've gotten several different error messages and still can't seem to find why this won't work.   Here's the formula:  IF (TEXT(STATUS)) = "Pending Customer Response",IMAGE("https://c.cs7.visual.force.com/resource/1486671952000/HeldCustomer")

Thanks in advance for any help!

DixitDixit
Hi, maybe this will help.

As this article mentions, it should be in documents, not resources. 

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000007604&type=1

hope that helps.
Hi, thanks very much..tried this but no luck.  I think the errors I'm getting are more related to trying to use the TEXT() function to pull the value of a picklist.  Errors I'm getting are things like  "Error: Syntax error. Extra ','",  or, if I remove the offending comma, then I get " Error: Syntax error. Extra IMAGE".   Have moved left and right brackets around (matched w/same number of left and right) and get other errors like "expected argument = 2, have 1 (paraphrased) etc.... any ideas?  

Thanks again!
Thanks Dianna – tried this, but still no luck. I think it is related to how I am trying to use the TEXT() function to extract a value from the “Status” picklist. Am getting errors like ” Error: Syntax error. Extra IMAGE”, or “extra comma”, extra “)”, or argument mismatch messages. Any other ideas? Thanks again!
Got one more error on this too: “Check Syntax Error: Incorrect number of parameters for function 'IMAGE()'. Expected 2, received 1”…. Thanks!
DixitDixit

for picklist you use ISPICKVAL(picklistfield__c, 'value')

so you should have something like: IF(ISPICKVAL(yourpicklistfield__c, 'valuepicked'), IMAGE("/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=000000000, "Correct"), ' ')

>Remember "IF" statement expects 3 values, the logic, the "true" and the "false".
>image expects 2 parameters, image and a name (?)

Good news/bad news! Good news is, syntax now correct…bad news is, the icon is not displaying. Additional ideas on this? (…and can’t thank you enough!) Here’s what it looks like now: IF(ISPICKVAL(Status, "Pending Customer Response"),IMAGE("https://c.cs7.content.force.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=015M0000000w5SC", "Correct"),'') Thanks again!
DixitDixit
make the folder on the documents public, maybe that's why is not showing.
Hi Dianna….done, still no luck…(and so appreciate your hanging with me on it…)
DixitDixit
I'm afraid i need to tell you that i had one of those fields, but from one day to another it stopped working. I hope it's not the same issue as mine.

Just to make sure, do you have the formula as text?

"Create a new Formula Field of type text (it must be of type text or it won't work)"